• Show
Clear All
  • zx50
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Aug 2003

XviD Features

I have just a few questions, here goes:

1. what does having -1 on the maximum b frames mean and if i put down 3 for maximum will i get better quality.

2. What's the recommended quantizer ratio [%] for b frames currently at 150 (because it's never been changed, and also offset 100)

3.what's the best reaction period 0 or 1, i tried 0 but when changing it to 1 i sort of got the same results but the filesize was smaller allowing me to add more to the bitrate.

4. And last of all what's the best reaction period for films, half the length of them (in frames) or a quarter of them (i tried to go by what DivX said but the DivX codec is **** so i thought i'd come here).
    Computer Fanatic
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

(1). "-1" means that b-frames will not be used in the encoding. "3" means that there can be up to 3 consecutive b-frames at a time.

(2) - (4). I find the default values to be good enough. You could play around with them and perhaps find better parameter values.

Regards.

Comment

• zx50
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Aug 2003

Sorry 1 question that i forgot, what happens if i put 0 in the minimum keyframe interval box!!
      Computer Fanatic

Comment

Working...