Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RumCoke
    • Nov 2001

Play perfect DVD-rip

I'm ripping a DVD now, and want to see it without compression.
    What is the best way to do this?
    I think I can play the vob-files directly in PowerDVD, but if I remember correctly, this will give a slight stop between every vob-file.
    Maybe I could make it into one big file without compressing it, but what would be the easiest way to do this? (And would my computer, a 300Mb RAM, 1.6 GHz Duron PC, be able to handle a multi-gigabyte file?)
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I'm ripping a DVD now, and want to see it without compression"

I would use DVD Decrypter-a free program-to rip the DVD to your hard drive "uncompressed". Use the file mode to get every file.

"I think I can play the vob-files directly in PowerDVD, but if I remember correctly, this will give a slight stop between every vob-file."

You should be able to play VOB files directly, but why should you want to. Power DVD should open a DVD from a "VIDEO_TS" folder. You have to make sure that "ALL" of the DVD related files reside in the "VIDEO_TS" folder. You will probably have to create this folder manually and move all of the files that DVD Decrypter created into that folder.

Comment

• RumCoke
      • Nov 2001

Ok, it's ripped now, and I can play it in PowerDVD, but as I said, there is a slight pause between every vob-file. I guess PowerDVD handles files on the harddisk different compared to the ones on the DVD, cause there is no delay when playing the film from the DVD.
      What should I do?

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

Is there a feature in PowerDVD to play a DVD from a "Folder"?
        If so, you should not be getting any pauses. Also, there could be any number of chapters within a particular VOB file, so it's a bit confusing when you say "there is a slight pause between every vob-file". Could you clarify?

Comment

• RumCoke
          • Nov 2001

Fixed it!
          When I opened the VIDEO_TS.VOB in MediaPlayer, the whole film behaved like an ordinary DVD, with menues and everything.

Edit: I ment VIDEO_TS.IFO, not .VOB...
          Last edited by RumCoke; 28 Dec 2003, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"Fixed it!"

Congratulations

Comment

Working...