X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milky_way
    • Dec 2003

MP3 out of synch again

Salut Volks!

I remember back in those days, using Flask would produce an ugly synch problem, with audio slowly trailiing behind video. this was caused by a bug in the VBR part of the original MP3 codec.

Then I got myself VirtualDub, which internally fixed the bug.

Sometime along, I got a recent version of the lame codec and all of a sudden the synch problems were back, only the other way 'round. So ok, it's a bugfixed version. So I get a new vdub, turned correction off and tried it out on a 7 minute video - worked fine.

On a 25 minute video however, setting correction off only worsened the gap between video and sound. I've tried Nandub, Flask again - nothing will give me a synched video.

Any suggestions as to a properly working combo??
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try this out:

1. Load up .AVI file in Virtual/nandub
    2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
    3. Under Audio, go to Interleave and input the appropriate value in the 'Delay audio track by x ms' box
    4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

In the case of the audio gradually getting more and more off-synch from the video, add the following step prior to saving the file:
    -. Under Video, go to Frame Rate and select "Change so video and audio durations match (you should see a value similar to the original frame rate).

Regards.

Comment

• milky_way
      • Dec 2003

whopee, frame rate adjustment worx! thx!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2003

Xcuse me, but why didn't you converted the file (AVI-DivX+Mp3VBR track) directly to OGM?

If the reason of the async is only the fact that, using AVI container, audio VBR and video can't be interleaved, this could be the best solution:
          Using OGM(instead of AVI) with mp3VBR there's no async, this way you don't have to change anything (frame rate, audio track header and so its length).

Comment

• milky_way
            • Dec 2003

Since ogg and ogm can in no way match the popularity of mp3 and avi ( despite their admittedly better results) and also because i will have to do a lot of encoding thx to a lot of incompetent encoders out there (reencodes AND complete rips), i'd rather stick to the popular routes.

Comment

Working...