Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwibloke
    • Jan 2002

Help with VirtDub audio output

When i go to convert my internet movie to avi using virtualdub, i get a message saying "AVI Output the parametre is incorrect". I have tried to change the audio section of VD from direct stream copy, to full processing mode, but this doesnt work. I've tried to append avi segment (whatever this is) but it comes back saying " Cannot apend segment the video parametres are incorrect", is this part of the same problem. to give you an idea the movie is an internet download with russian subtitles, it looks like some bloke took his NTSC video camera to the movies and filmed it.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"When i go to convert my internet movie to avi using virtualdub"

1) What format is the video file that you've downloaded?

2) Why do you believe there is (only) an audio problem?

Comment

• Kiwibloke
      • Jan 2002

AVI Output

The file is an AVI file downloaded through morpheous. I was using VD because another person told me this could double the frame rate from 12.500fps to 25.000fps PAL. Then to convert it to an AVI file using VD, then us TMGPnc to convert it to MPEG, then use Nero to burn to CD. I have sorted out the AVI problem (I set the video to stream, and the audio to full process, something like that, I followed a walkthrough.

Now though the VCD I have burned works great for ten minutes, then the picture quality deteriates and the pixels seem to pulsate through the picture at a rate of about every second for the rest of the movie. Its like a constant blurred flashing. Sound is mint though, but movie is barely watchable. Any hints?

Hey, Thanks for your help though, it great that you pass on your knowledge.

Comment

• abdul
        • Jan 2002

Like setarip i am too very curious about the format of the video (and audio) file

Can you by any chance post them
        rightclick on the file ---> properties ---> details and just post what it says about video and audio

Or load it into VDub and go
        file ---> file information

I read through all your posts about your problems, but this is the info we need to come up with some kind of idea
        TIA

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Now though the VCD I have burned works great for ten minutes, then the picture quality deteriates and the pixels seem to pulsate through the picture at a rate of about every second for the rest of the movie. Its like a constant blurred flashing. Sound is mint though, but movie is barely watchable. Any hints?"

Ready for a poor pun? SOUNDS like audio is no longer a concern. For safety's sake, the first thing I would do is extract and save that "mint" audio - for possible future use.

Of what visual quality is the original downloaded video?

Did you check the quality of the .AVI YOU created in VirtualDub, before encoding with TMPGEnc to MPEG1-Video CD format?

Essentially, I'm asking you if you can determine at which point the video "went bad".

"Hey, Thanks for your help though, it great that you pass on your knowledge."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Kiwibloke
            • Jan 2002

File properties

O.K, if i click on file props it states.

The Shipping News 2
            Copyright : No Copyright Information

Media Length: 49 min. 32.600 sec

Audio Format: MPEG Layer-3,96 kBit/s, 48,000 Hz, Stereo

Video Format: 352 x 288, 59452 Frames, 20.000 Frames/Sec, 70 KB/Sec, Unknown Format

Under the preview tab it states.

Video not available cannot find "vids mp43" decompressor

I did however change the file to Mpeg 1 and burn to CD using Nero 5.5. The quality of the picture wasn't good, but sound was excellent.

Comment

• Kiwibloke
              • Jan 2002

This is going to sound like a complete newbie, but i've just watched Shallow Hal on my computer. Good picture, no flicking, definitely watchable, even though it had russian subtitles, and a bloke in front started making finger puppets on the screen half way through.

However, I watched it on a 3" by 4" screen on my media player. If i try to take the same movie and download it to VCD, then i take that VCD and play it on my 41" projection TV, the quality must suffer, am i right. Would i get a better picture playing it on a 14" from the bedroom. Or should i stick to watching it on my computer?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

I repeat my questions (because you've apparently misinterpreted them or overlooked them):Of what visual quality is the original downloaded video?

Did you check the quality of the .AVI YOU created in VirtualDub, before encoding with TMPGEnc to MPEG1-Video CD format?

Essentially, I'm asking you if you can determine at which point the video "went bad".

Comment

• abdul
                  • Jan 2002

Re: File properties

Originally posted by Kiwibloke
                  O.K, if i click on file props it states.

Video Format: 352 x 288, 59452 Frames, 20.000 Frames/Sec, 70 KB/Sec, Unknown Format

Video not available cannot find "vids mp43" decompressor
                  Since we are in the fase of experimenting anyway try the following:
                  Download a little program called AVIFourcc code changer

your posting says that the program can't find the MP43 decompressor so what we are going to do is change the FourCC into the code for DivX .
                  Doing this will cause your player to use the DivX codec to decompress the file instead of looking for "unknown" codec.
                  Make sure the AVI file you want to change is not write protected, open it and change the FourCC from MP43 into DIV3 or DIV4 from the dropdown box, both will work.

Load this "new" movie into VDub and play it and look if the problem with the video is solved

Last edited by abdul; 29 Jan 2002, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...