X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordByron7771
    • Jan 2002

Information Needed!!!

Hallo to Everybody

I know maybee this is not the right place to ask for this, but I'm desperate.
    Have you ever seen this rip of Shreck that goes arownd on many pear to pear programs or the Planet of the Apes'68. Its only 1 CD and It looks wonderfull, almost like the DVD. I mean no macroblocks at all.... no litle warm artifacts wiggling arround the shoulders or hair of the people... nothing wrong, SUPERB!!!! And only !CD.
    So..... How the Heck they did this wonder.
    I'd been using Xmpeg4.2a/Divx4.12 and older versions too. I played witth all the settings and made a lot of experiments. Generaly I get very good quality only in 2CDs(But never as in that Shreck movie and so many others I've seen). For example now I'm decoding "Spartacus" I put 1500Kbps and anyway It looks awfull, full of this warms, blocks and the background is moving like if you were looking throw water. I know is an old movie and it doesn't look like a new one, but I've seen the Panet of the Apes '68 and it's absolutley cristal clear, wonderfull, and old too. So where's the Key.
    My question is if somebody knows about a program.. a configuration, a method or a trick that can really make the miracle. If not if there is some realy profesional guide on the net to make the Divx perfect, and don't tell me anout Nick's Pages, are very good but I read them already.
    Plese Help me on this
    I search all the net and didn't found anithing updated and really profesional.
    Another thing! I was thinking on meigrating to Nundub! because many people said is the most profesional, but for What I'd been reading, Nundub was design only for codec Divx3.11 and to mahe it posible to make 2 passes, what is not a nativ option of that codec. So, now that we have Divx 4.12 (With 2 passes nativ) is there a logic in using Nindub? If there is, does it really gets a better quality, and if so..... How? What to use, Which filters... scripts method, options....What?

THANX
    Gracias
  • LordByron7771
    • Jan 2002

DOMINION is the Name

Exactly.
    I read a post on the 2nd page and I agree absolutely. DOMINION are the ones, but not the only ones there are others. They meke almost DVD quality in 1CD.
    The quiestion is HOW?!!!!!!!
    Obviously they know something we don't

Please!!!

Why Nobody answer to this Kind of Posts!!!

Comment

• MovieRipper
      • Mar 2002

The trick probbably is SBC encoding and a really good know-how on how to use Nandub. I also have the Planet of the Apes 68 rip by Dominion and it really is EXCDELLENT!!!!! One thing I noticed in there rips is that the movie is darker and the colors are stronger then other rips. Come to think about it, this makes sense. Dark places in a movie don't need much bitrate so I think that's a good start. Just mess around with the brightness and contrast of the movie and make it as dark as you can. Also check if your source has noise on it and use a noise filter. It's allso clear you can't get a good rip right away. I read somewhere the Dominion guys convert a movie, then convert the converted one, then convert the converted converted one (gets difficlut does it) till they just get it right. Anyway, that's my theory. Don't know if this works. Still trying. Let you know if it does

See ya and good luck
      The Ripper

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

the Dominion guys convert a movie, then convert the converted one, then convert the converted converted one (gets difficlut does it) till they just get it right.
        It's never a good idea to keep reencoding a movie as you tend to lose details and quality along the road. Just posting my thoughts.

Comment

• MovieRipper
          • Mar 2002

Great thought Enchanter. But what if you do the two passes before you encode each time and redifine the bitrate of the movie. I really think there is no other way to do these High quality things. What's your opinion?

Movieripper

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

I will still say no, because DivX is basically a lossy compression format. It will discard details. If you do reencodings, more and more details will be lost. It probably won't be noticable to the general viewers, who are most concerned about watching the movie and understanding the plot only (And who have no idea how exactly much better the original DVD looks). However, to us, the encoders, quality comes first and I rather hate the idea or knowledge that I'm discarding details that should otherwise be there. You should probably crank up the DRF or quantisiser settings (for 3.11a and 4.x/5 respectively) instead.
            Last edited by Enchanter; 27 Mar 2002, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...