Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Downset
    • Feb 2002

Weird Audio Trouble

Hey, I've been having some trouble with the audio sync on this dvd rip i did i tried tons off stuff to fix it and i went through many guides.

I Ripped the dvd's with Smart Ripper..
    I tried flaskmpeg with "Decode Audio" i used MPEG Layer-3 128kbps - 48,000. When its all done i play the file the audio is playing too early. So i tried Virtual Dub's Interleaving Option not sure how many ms i set it too i tried so many different ones, but anyways i do that audio comes all right for about 30 seconds (if that) then it goes outa sync again as if its playing too fast for the video. So i figured maybe the "fps" is too low or something so i set that higher to 30fps (I also tried lowing it as well). So i did that and still have the same problem. Now i was pretty mad so i tried another method to encode the dvd, i used DvD2AVI this time along with TMPEG as explained on nicky's guide, but i used Vob2Audio to extract the audio instead of Graph Edit. And so i encoded it came out all right but i had these weird black lines popping up when they moved didn't think much off it because i only wanted to see about the audio. So i continued on to Tmpeg did that up and had the same problem as i did when i first started off with flaskmpeg audio was outa sync a little playing to early, so once again i opened vdub up gave that a shot again did the same exact thing as before. Once again i was pretty mad. So i looked for some new software came across this program DvDX, it was pretty different the other dvd tools, it converts dvd's to avi right from the cdrom drive, but as usual i get the same exact problem as i had with the other stuff. So again i looked for new software came along this newer program called fairuse gave that a shot, it was kind of like dvdx with the ripping right from the dvd rom but stuff i had the same audio sync problems. So now i gave up for a while and i came across that AVI Info program Nicky and his brother designed/made gave that a shot with messing around with the FPS/Audio Delay and stuff and same thing with VDub it works for about 30 seconds then the audio gets a head of itself. I never had such problems ripping dvd's before i've had a few audio sync problems here and there that were easily fixed, but this one takes the cake. I'm not an expert at this stuff but i'm not much of a newbie either. Anyways if anyone has had problems like this or if you have any ideas on what i should try please reply and help me out.

By the way i'm running on a
    Celeron 1.1ghz
    384mb of ram

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Try Flask again - but select Uncompressed PCM 48,000 audio. Thus, your audio will be in synch.

2) After the file has been converted, load it into Virtual Dub.

3) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying".

4) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode". Set "Conversion" to 44,100. Set "Compression" to "MP3" and whichever 44,100 sampling rate you prefer (96-320).

5) Save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Downset
      • Feb 2002

Nope its still doing the same thing as its been.
      Any other ideas?

Comment

• Downset
        • Feb 2002

I think it might be my Windows Media Player, And ATI File Player that its messed up in, i just played it in The Playa and the audio was in sync. Don't know whats up with that i think i'm gonna reinstall windows media player again.

Comment

• Downset
          • Feb 2002

That one with the good audio i was talking about isn't the one i did in flask (opened the wrong one) its one i did a while ago with fairuse but the quality is really bad and the size is all weird so i didn't bother with it. Anyways if you have any ideas on what i can do to fix the audio on that flask one i did this after noon let me know.

Comment

• Downset
            • Feb 2002

Sorry for the trouble. i got it working now thanks

Comment

• Downset
              • Feb 2002

well its not fully working but i was right about my windows media player being messed up because it only works in the playa.
              funny thing is my other dvd-rips/encodes work perfectly fine in windows media player and any other player i use.

i found another way i wanna try though. i was messing with fairuse this morning and i was looking on Doom9 and found a program that does the audio on it so i was messing around with it a bit and i got a divx file that was pretty much DVD Quality. i only did a clip though and the audio doesn't process until its all done with the video, but as i said before i did get a successful one out of fairuse before using wav audio.

Comment

• nelio
                • Dec 2001

same prob here

hey guys
                I have the same problem with a movie here i'm trying to convert to MPEG for VCD. I followed both the process in what Nicky showed us. The video plays fine on the WMP, but as soon as I extract the ac3 out of the avi and put it into wav, so i can convert into MPEG without error (TMPENGC doesnt decode this ac3 dunno why). Can someone please help? It's pretty frustrating. I have a movie 691 MB file of the movie Memento. Just by luck does anyone know how to solve this problem? I can't flask because i have no DVD drive. That is the highest quality film out there right now.

Comment

• Incognito
                  • Feb 2002

I have exactly the same problem as you nelio (I think). It plays fine after I stretched the audio with AVI Info (because it was out of synch) using Nicky's "Fixing Audio Synchronization Problems" guide, but after extracting the wav and converting it and then multiplexing it back into the movie it is totally out of synch again.

And yes, it is really frustrating!

Please help us!

Comment

• Downset
                    • Feb 2002

try opening the file in "the playa" (it comes with the divx 4 codec) i know my encode works in that perfectly fine but doesn't work in any other player. what i'm gonna try is reinstalling the mpeg layer-3 doec which i used for the audio to see if maybe thats messed up with windows media player. i tried the file on my brothers computer and it worked fine in windows media player everything was in sync so i still don't know the problem. only ideas i have is reinstalling the codecs or windows media player itself. you guys may wanna consider doing the same thing as i am if you have the same problems..

Comment

Working...