X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rufus
    • Mar 2004

DivX 3 to DVD

Hi,

I have a video clip which I wish to convert into mpeg2 (ie DVD format) and then burn onto a DVD. I put the video clip into GSpot Codec Information Appliance and the details are as follows:

Video component: 4CC div3, Name DivX3 Low-Motion, Runtime 1:21:03, x:y 640x272 (2.35:1) [=40:17, Bitrate 1008kb/s, FPS 23.976, Qf 0.242 bits/pixel.

Audio component: Codec ac3 (0x2000) dolby Laboratories Inc., Bitrate 192 kb/s (96/ch, stereo) CBR, Fs 48000 Hz.

Iwish to use DVD Builder in Roxio Easy CD & DVd Creator 6 to convert the video file into mpeg2 so that I can "burn" it straight onto a DVD.

At the moment I can play the video file in Windows Media Player 9 and Real One Player after downloading and installing AC3Filter. The picture and sound both play correctly. However the same video file in Power DVD 5 and NeroMix DOES NOT play correctly, there is picture but NO sound. Also, at the moment when I try to Import the video file into DVD Builder, DVD Builder does NOT recognise the file, in the Import dialogue box the file appears not to be there.

Many thanks for your help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (XviD-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• rufus
      • Mar 2004

Hi setarip,

Many thanks for the above information.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Many thanks for the above information."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• rufus
          • Mar 2004

Hi,

When using the "Project Wizard" in TMPGEnc Plus, after selecting the Video File, I am unable to select the Audio File. It seems that if the Audio File has the same name as the Video File, it is selected automatically at the same time as when the Video File is selected. However the Audio File in my composition is not selected automatically and when I try to select it (ie selecting the same source as the "Video File"), after selecting the Video File, it gives the following error, "File........can not open, or unsupported".

Do I need to split the Video and Audio components of my original DivX3 file to be able to put them both into TMPGEnc Plus and, if so, how do I do that? Or do i just need to select the "Video File" and the "Audio" component will be dealt with automatically as part of the encoding process?

Many thanks for your help.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...
            Last edited by setarip; 29 Mar 2004, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• rufus
              • Mar 2004

Hi,

I right clicked on "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader" in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, and set it to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. The same name appeared in "Audio File" that was also appearing in "Video File", using the Project Wizard. I then continued to encode the DivX3 file. After a while it produced 2 files, a "M2V File" and a "Wave Sound" file. When I Played the "Wave Sound" file in Windows Media Player 9, NeroMix or any other player there was no sound produced from the file. When I played the "M2V File" (video file), it played well, but without sound. I thought the sound might re-appear after putting it through "TMPGEnc DVD Author" and "burning" it onto a DVD.

However, the sound did NOT re-appear on the DVD after I had "burned" the file onto it. The DVD plays well in my DVD player, BUT there is NO sound.

I would think that I have not done something, that I should have done, in the encoding process using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.

I would be most oblidged for suggestions on how to get sound produced in the "Wave Sound" file while using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.

Comment

Working...