X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lord_Anselhelm
    • Dec 2003

A Simple Program Like FlaskMPEG

Hi

Since I cannot get FlaskMPEG working in Windows XP any more, could someone please recommend a SIMPLE program which lets me do all the features FlaskMPEG can do for recoding ripped dvds to avis, including the option to look at the list files in the program to separate out different episodes within the dvd structure (like episodes of Futurama etc.)

I don't want anything where I have to spend ages setting it up, which is why I don't want to go the DVX route. I just want a nice a simple program with double pass divx support, basic features like deinterlace and crop and resize, and the ability to see programs within a ripped dvd from the ifo files (like FlaskMPEG).

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

MPEGMediator Special Edition...

Comment

• Rich009
      • Mar 2004

Hi again, Lord_Anselhelm,

I have switched to Gordian Knot, it's pretty simple (although I am still trying to find out which settings on DVD2AVI to use for better RIP quality

Download is here:

Gordian Knot started out as a simple bitrate calculator for DivX encoding but has evolved to become an integrated package or tool for the entire…

It includes DVD Decrypter, which you use to copy VOB files. Then use DVD2AVI to turn these into a movie file with a sound file.

Then I use AviMux GUI to join them, here is a guide with download:

Hope this helps

Someone must know what is wrong with FlaskMPEG? Anyone care to suggest something because I would rather use it

see thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/arch...c/29582-1.html

Thanks, Rich

p.s. see how simple my description was on how to RIP, why can't all descriptions be like this

Comment

• Lord_Anselhelm
        • Dec 2003

I'll give MPEG Mediator Special Edition a chance, though I still miss being able to use flask.

UPDATE

MPEG Mediator doesn't have the ability to see the different program listings within an ifo file, so if I've already ripped a DVD to my hard drive, I can't pick all the different episodes automatically as defined by the ifo. This is a function I require.
        Last edited by Lord_Anselhelm; 31 Mar 2004, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"MPEG Mediator doesn't have the ability to see the different program listings within an ifo file, so if I've already ripped a DVD to my hard drive, I can't pick all the different episodes automatically as defined by the ifo. This is a function I require."

It's apparent that you've used the STANDARD MPEGMediator - as MPEGMediator Special Edition most certainly allows selection of .IFOs (similar to Flask)...

Comment

• Lord_Anselhelm
            • Dec 2003

No, I really did use the Special Edition. It didn't give me that function, unless I was using it wrongly???

Comment

Working...