X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homerlovesbeer
    • Nov 2001

Flask 2 pass mp3 encoding prob

Hi Guys,

I can listen to the audio in the audioplayer tab in flask and can select mp3 encode when doing the first step of 2 pass encode (mpeg 4 v 4.11) but can't select mp3 during 2nd pass. If I leave it and don't check it it remains on mp3 encode from 1st pass encode but it encodes without audio. The audio is AC3 on the dvd.

This is really pissing me off! I've read all of nickys guides and the guides on divx digest and am stuck.

PS.....

I've managed to encode the whole dvd before with audio with the 2 pass option but the pic was not as good as I wanted. So I wanted to do some tweaking but now the audio is buggered. I am trying to encode short 30 meg sections of the dvd. Maybe this is the prob? Trying a 100meg file lenght at moment....

Piii 1 gig laptop
    128 meg
    win ME

Thanks fellas
    Homerlovesbeer

• duckie
    • Nov 2001

first in your global settings make sure you select same source under the audio tab.

then select your audio code (ie mpeg3 96kbs etc.)

run your first pass
    now if you check it again before you do the second you will find that it will only convert it to pcm this is ok the file size will be a little big thats all.

after you are finished encoding then open up your finished file in virtualdub select direct stream copy under video, select full processing mode under audio, then select compression under audio set it to mpeg3 what ever bit rate you want .

notice when iyou are finished the file size is way smaller and you have 2.1 surround if you had it checked in flask.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• khitch12
      • Nov 2001

A thing to consider here too is that the resultant file with uncompressed sound will be huge. An uncompressed sound track can be well over a gig by itself. Once I tried that on the idea that the sound would need to be uncompressed to be normalized anyway. The file I ended up with was too big for virtal dub. VD has had several revisions by now so you might be ok. Another idea might be to rip the movie without sound then rip the sound and add it to the movie like people that use dvdtoavi do. Though you may just want to use dvdtoavi or nanodub in the first place if your going to do that.

Comment

• khitch12
        • Nov 2001

Just happened to remember a guy on irc claiming he had the biggest file of the matrix you could get. He had a file with uncompressed sound, heehe. Doesn't take a lot to please some people.

Comment

• Homerlovesbeer
          • Nov 2001

Thanks Buddy

I'll give it a try.

Homerlovesbeer

Comment

Working...