Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lumbar Magnot
    • Apr 2004

Subtitle / Audio difficulty with Gordian Knot

Using the full manual version of gordion knot I attempted to make an avi of a japanese anime dvd. After following the instructions for gordian knot contained on this website I opened up the avi, noticing it was only 6 megs?! and found that it had chopped off the first 5 minutes of audio and compressed all 1 hr 54 mins of video time into that small space. After repeated attempts I continually encountered exactly the same problem.
    I then downloaded AutoGK, figuring that that could probably do the whole thing without a problem, but found that when the process was complete I found that the subtitles were out of sync by about 20 seconds from the actual speech, while somewhat tolerable it was incredibly annoying to watch. I tried installing winrar, hoping that would help, and tried using external subtitles, but encountered the same problem. Any help on these two difficulties? (as far as I know, when I used vobsub manually the first time, it did it right, but it was hard to tell because of the compression)
  • angbunso
    • May 2004

yes please!!

yes could someone please help us?? my subs are out of sync by twenty seconds too...I changed the Time Offset, but the subtitles did not change!! please help!!

Comment

• Lumbar Magnot
      • Apr 2004

Actually, I've found a solution on this website, though it is sort of messy. It involves downloading MicroDVD, subrip, and subconvert. Check out Nicky Page's subtitle ripping guide for DivX at http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/subtitles.htm

Comment

Working...