X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danny
    • Nov 2001

divx on dxr3

Hi,
    I got a encore dxr3 pci-encoder-card by creative. This card got a video-out, so I can watch DVD's on TV. I'm looking for a plugin for a plug-in for realmagic dvd station to playback divx and avis. Please help me,
    thx
    danny
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Hi

Try using divxplus.
    But you need to install the RealMagic drivers.

khp
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• krapyl
      • Jan 2002

I have the Dxr2 card on Windows XP, it works fine when playing
      DVDs and mpegs, however it is impossible to playback DIVX with the original software from Creative.

I have tried HHPLUS and DivxPlus but they dont work and the Realmagic Hollywood pls drivers wont install.

Does anyone have som other software that can use this card?

When it playsback DVD on my TV the picture and sound is PERFECT !!!

Krapyl

Comment

• tfboy
        • Feb 2002

krapyl. which dvd card do you have?

You talk about a DXR2. That card is old and does not use the same hardware as the DXR3 which can also use the Hollywood Plus drivers.

Also, dxr2 cards are incompatible with AMD cpus and have difficulty playing back some types of mpeg2 files (svcd as an example).

If you're sure you have a dxr3 (ct7240 I think), then by using the Hollywood Plus drivers from sigma designs, you MAY be able to get HHPlus working. I can't atm Dunno why. I get a MCI error, and if I disable MCI in the options, I don't get a TV picture (random horizontal lines appear, but that's it). Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Token

Comment

Working...