XviD -> DVD Audio problem (screenshots included)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordongraham
    • Jun 2004

XviD -> DVD Audio problem (screenshots included)

Hi Guys

I have been converting my DivX/XviD library onto DVDR for playback on a standalone player, using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to get the files into DVD compliant MPEG2, which works just fine for DivX. When i try doing the exact same process for XviD the mpeg2 file generated has no sound. The track on the xvid is in mp3, and all relevant codecs are installed. This was generated by Gspot:

I have Tmpgenc pointed at all the correct sources:

The following screenshots are from AVICODEC showing the file i am trying to convert, along with installed audio and video codecs. I noticed that although there is a standalone divx3 audio codec installed, no such thing is present for xvid audio codec. should there be? I have xvid codec installed globally, as explained before.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, ive tried everything (including reading all the previous posts)
    Last edited by gordongraham; 21 Jun 2004, 04:39 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio for use with TMPGEnc

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save .AVI with a new filename

Comment

• gordongraham
      • Jun 2004

have sorted it now, turns out the directshow filters were not high priority enough in the VFAPI environmental settings. Hiked that up and voila, glorious sound. Thanks for your input. Think that was also the problem for the 3ivx crashes, as that seems to be ok now too, as long as i have nothing else using heavy resources.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma(s)!

"Thanks for your input."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...