Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tox|k
    • Jul 2004

help, videos not playing back at full FPS after encode

I have a problem where after I encode a video and then go to play it, it won't play back at full FPS.
    My machine is a P4 2.8c w/ 1024megs DDR400 RAM so i doubt it's a matter that the video is too high bitrate.
    At first I thought it might be some some of the encoding options I enabled (ie. qpel, adaptive quant, VHQ modes) so I turned them all off and tried re-encoding, I also tried single and two-pass encoding and all of them are giving me the same thing.
    I also use the ffdshow playback filter so i thought it might be that, so i disabled it and tried playback without it... but it still wouldn't playback at full FPS.
    I've been using vdub and vdubmod to do my encoding and it happens with everything I try to encode... I'm fairly stumped here and don't know what else i can try.
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Is the playback jerky/stutters? Try closing all other applications or use a different player (Media Player Classic or MV2 Player) or try FFDShow.

Btw, you can't expect full FPS all the time. Sometimes it will be off by a few frames and that is normal.

Comment

Working...