Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoJoFunyans
    • Jul 2004

Video and Audio out of sync!!

Ok, I have a movie(2 AVI files) on my computer. When the movie begins the audio and video are in sync and playing wonderfully. As the movie goes along the Audio starts to fall behind and eventually the audio is near 1.5 seconds behind the movie. How do I fix it so that the Movie and Audio are constantly playing with each other?

I was thinking that maybe the video is skipping frames? Im new to this and have just started to do the Convert AVI to MPEG and then make VCDS. So ANY Help would be great. THANKS!
    Last edited by JoJoFunyans; 23 Jul 2004, 02:55 PM.
  • ignignot
    • Mar 2004

I would try this:

1. Download/install/run Virtualdub, and open your video file (You may get an error about a VBR audio stream, just press OK.)
    2. Select Audio >> Full processing mode
    3. Select Audio >> Compression >> No Compression >> OK
    4. Select File >> Save Wav
    5. Save wherever your videos are.
    6. Close Vitualdub
    7. Download TMPGEnc if you don't have it already.
    8. Use the .AVI file as the video source, and the .WAV file you saved as the audio source.

This will fix this problem 9 times out of 10.

Comment

• JoJoFunyans
      • Jul 2004

I tried and it is still out of sync. I dont know exactly what is happening. But I checked the WAV file and it is 2 hours 16 minutes 18 seconds or something like that and the movie is exactly the same, 2 hours 16 minutes 18 seconds.

I dont know what to do. The sound plays fines for a long time but then when The Greeks hit the Trjoan Beach and Brad Pitt says his Immortality line, Everything is off. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
        Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
        From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
        Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
        Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• JoJoFunyans
          • Jul 2004

I have tried A and I could probably do it but It would take me a very long time. haha. Since at the beginning sound is fine but then later it screws up and blah blah. But then..

Option B.. Do i want Video in Full Processing mode or Direct Stream? Thanks!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Video should be set to "Direct Stream Copy"...

Comment

• JoJoFunyans
              • Jul 2004

hmm Still problems. Well I dont know what to do. Also now the origional DVD Rip of Clockwork orange the audio is fine. But now when i play it on my VCD something has gone wrong and the audio gets screwy at a certain point into the movie? Ill mess with that too. Thanks!

Comment

• JoJoFunyans
                • Jul 2004

Ok I think I found the problem with Clockwork Orange. There is a part in the movie where something screws up and it goes White for20 seconds or so. THen when it comes back in the sound is off. Tho if you skip over it and dont show that part then the sound is on track. How do i fix this? Thank you! Also are what is the difference between SVCD and VCD? I have been making VCD but i can amke SVCD if i wanted. Are they a lot better quality?

Comment

• ignignot
                  • Mar 2004

To remove frames from an avi do this in VirtualDub:

1. Scan to beginning of portion you want to clip
                  2. Click the button that looks like a left arrow. (Or go to Edit >> Set selection start or press Home)
                  3. Scan to end of portion you want to clip
                  4. Click right arrow button (Or got to Edit >> Set Selection End or press End)
                  5. Go to Edit >> Delete (Or press delete).
                  6. Save your AVI (make sure to have Direct stream copy selected for both audio & video.)

SVCD is basically a VCD with VBR MPEG-2 video. The quality is better, but they tend to take up 3-4 CD's. I reccomend kVCDs. If your player supports them, you can fit ~2 hrs of good quality video to 1 CD. Check out this thread for more information, or just go to www.kvcd.net

Comment

• JoJoFunyans
                    • Jul 2004

Ok well, I used the KVCD template once for Scarface. The whole movie did fit on one cd. But I thought the quality was horrible and the audio was horrible as well. But that template made Scarface liek 525 MBS or something near that. I mean If I could get a template that will do that and make the file near 755 mbs? Then I think I would still get good video and audio. But If I cant then 2 VCDS isnt that big of deal. Thanks!

Comment

• ignignot
                      • Mar 2004

The kVCD templates use CQ bitrate control, and the only way to determine output size is to do a test of some of the video. If you use a program like DVD2SVCD it can automatically run tests, and output a video set to a specific target size. I would just try upping your bitrate and CQ level a bit though.

Alternatively, you could set the rate control mode to 2-pass VBR, this would guarantee an output size if you calculate the avg bitrate for 1 CD. 2-Pass VBR is generally considered to be inferior to CQ though.

When I used to make kVCD's, I found that the highest quality was achieved by using 2 CD's and maintaining a resolution close to the source. A 720x480 2-CD encode with a DVD source yields stunning results, but 720x480 is not a legal resolution for (S)VCD's, and there's a chance that your DVD won't accept it (but since it's the standard for DVD's most will as far as I know.)
                      Last edited by ignignot; 26 Jul 2004, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...