Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jozz
    • Aug 2004

Bad Quality AC3 after muxing...!

I have not succeded keeping the good quality sound which is given through the AC3-format when encoding xvid videos.

I encode the videos without sound in great quality using the newest Xvid-codec. No problems with that. Neither is the demuxing of the sound into an AC3-file. "MPEG Mediator" is used to create the AC3-file, which is tested in "PowerDVD". During playback the player shows the Dolby Digital logo and the sound is great.
    At last, the muxing of .avi and .ac3 should be piece of cake... but... using any of the following programs: "AviMux 0.4", "VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_1_All_inclusive", "VirtualDub_148_AC3" or "VirtualDub_AC3", the sound quality is clearly deteriorated.
    Secondly, the logo in "PowerDVD" is not showing up during playback of the interleaved .avi, even though, my "AC3Filter 0.70b" is in use.

I have not got any home entertainment equipment to test if the surround sound is still there, but the use of the AC3Filter should indicate that it is, should it not?

I have tried to adjust the settings for the AC3Filter but it does not increase anything else than the volume.

Not saving the AC3 sound is a shame, though, the MP3 sound sounds better after muxing!

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated...
    Jozz
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

See my response to your other (Duplicate) post...

(Duplicate posting is a violation of the rules of this forum)

Comment

Working...