• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phytrax
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2004

Audio sync when using VBR lame auio codec

I'm trying to rip a movie with Flask and everything seems fine when I use the lame CBR codec when I try to use VBR I get a lot of sync problems. The sync seems off throught the entire movie but the amount of sync varies also. Any ideas?

I've looked at using GK for an encoder but I don't like AutoGK at all and I haven't figured out Gordian Knot just yet.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Have you checked out the following site?:

Comment

• Phytrax
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jul 2004

I can't get their Info program to work in WinXP but I think I got it figured out on Virtualdub. I just hope it works. I get the feeling that the sync is going back and forth but I'll find out tonight. Thanks.

Also, if I wind up with some crazy framerate like 25.6fps, am I still going to be able to use a stand alone divx player?

Comment

• Phytrax
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2004

I tried that link but the AVI info program doesn't work and I can't seem to preview the output with virtual dub without actually making the "corrected" file. Which is a lot of work since this takes a LOT of trial and error. I've had one or 2 movies with sync problems with CBR lame codec, but VBR seems to make a mess every time. I really want to use VBR for the added quality though.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"I tried that link but the AVI info program doesn't work"

I would just ignore that part of it and proceed directly to "PART 2: Fixing Audio Displacement". The only program you need to work with is VirtualDub or any of its variants. (e.g., VirtualDubMod or NanDub)

Comment

• Phytrax
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jul 2004

I've determined that this does not work. I may have a bad Lame ACM codec. The CBR works fine but when I use the VBR and dub it in the PICTURE tends to freeze at certain points and get out of sync then come back into sync at other parts of the movie. There's no way to fix it with virtualdub. I've tried with interleave on and off.

Comment

Working...