X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damienl
    • Sep 2004

Max consecutive BVOP's

Hi!
    I'd like to know the difference between a setting of 2 max BVOP (default in Koepi) and only 1 BVOP (compatibility w/ newer players base on MT1389x chipset).
    Would encoding my movies w/ this setting decrease the quality or anything ?
  • guada
    • Jun 2004

Hello Damien,

Quant 2 offers the best quality in all the situations and to the advantage to be very steady.
    Besides, Quant 1 is not counseled as, because of its compressibility and the reading of the file gotten.

for more of details:

Comment

• zx50
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Aug 2003

guada what are you on about??? max b frames doesn't mean quant, it means if you allow 3 b frames max then 3 b frames is what you will get. It doesn't mean it will go to quant 3. You can set what quant you want under this setting, for example, the default is 1.50 1.00. Again max consecutive b frames means how many b frames in a row the codec is allowed to place in the film that you encode.
      Computer Fanatic

Comment

• guada
        • Jun 2004

Hello zx50,

Sorry. I believe to have lacked lucidity.
        Indeed, the b frame 1 gives good result, but the b frame 2 gives optimal results in any case of face and is recommended.
        Nevertheless, the b frame 3 is to counsel for the very low debits.

it is true that settings by default 1.50/100 (as for ratio and as for offset); It only goes that of an established choice.
        For my part, after some tests on eventful stages and in high resolutions I prefer these:
        2/1.46/0.73
        It is only my report (VCdemo, SAR v2.03).
        Now, it is at your turn to make some tests to take advantages of the optimal settings of the Xvid codec.

Bye

Comment

Working...