Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrCreosote
    • Jan 2005

Hi Christian!

Yes, I did a latest DirectX upgrade recently (to something like 9c).

I'll ftp the jpg's this evening.

Let me ask n00b33 question: The block structure presented by Graphedit: Is this structure what is "specified or contained" in the media file? and what is used by a given block is determined by what I have installed and what the assigned merits are for use by that given block?

For instance, I might have a block that is specified as MPEG2 DeMuser for which I might have 3 different MPEG2 demuxers, each with different merits?

When you say HEAVILY screwed up and may need reinstall, is the problem because there are codecs and filters present that cannot be gotten rid of? or perhaps there are obsolete/bad/poor dll's scattered about with no way to easily identify them and get rid of them?

(I'll edit this post when I get my jpgs handled.)
    Tom

PS. You ever heard of that vector field display I'm getting with my AVI's? Sounds like some kind of diagnostic tool.

Comment

• MrCreosote
      • Jan 2005

Here's the AVI file:

Here's the MKV file:

Comment

• ChristianHJW
        matroska project member
        • May 2003

What error message does graphedit tell you when you press the play button ?

Do a right click on DirectVobSub in the graph, goto 'properties' and check if its set to 'load always' instead of 'load when needed'
        Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• MrCreosote
          • Jan 2005

For the OGM file:

If I press play in graphedit, my system hangs. (I don't know if this is relevant, but I am pretty sure my ATI grphics card only supports up to DirectX 8. I have 9c installed.)

DirectVobSub Properties are set to 'load when needed'

NOTE: Found out what that vector array was: I was fumbling about ffdshow MPEG-4 and turned on Visualizations (and a lot of other things too) without knowing what I was doing. After I figured out that one, I started exploring all the controls in that decoder and was amazed at the scope of them. All the boxes are unchecked now - I think that was theway I "found them."

Comment

Working...