Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaronVS
    • Nov 2004

Xvid locks/crashes at end of 1st pass

The subject sums it up in a nut shell. I've got version 1.02. The exact file name is XviD-1.0.2-29082004.exe. I'm running Windows xp with 512MB. I''ve tried Showshifter and Dscaler with this producing the exact same results. Xvid encode settings are identical to the doom9.net Virtualdub guide.

What happens is I start the recording/encoding. At the end of the show I stop the recording and this is where it locks.

I've tried a single pass method using the same encoder settings as well with the same results. If I use the unrestricted setting then it encodes just fine.........

Any suggestions? I'm totally new to encoding but was really impressed at a recent Xvid encoded show at 389MB/hr w/ what looks like UBER quality. Would love to get this up and running to do my own encodes. TIA.
  • Soulhunter
    • Mar 2004

Re: Xvid locks/crashes at end of 1st pass

Originally posted by BaronVS

What happens is I start the recording/encoding. At the end of the show I stop the recording and this is where it locks.
    Uhm, what do you mean with "I stop the recording" ???

Bye

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• BaronVS
      • Nov 2004

I press the stop button. Or, even as I've found in a test I've done after this when I set the record time and let it complete the recording it still locks.

Comment

• BaronVS
        • Nov 2004

Well, I've figured out what the culprit was. It was the encode status screen. Under the debug options I turned off display of the encode status screen and that seems to have prevented the lock ups.

Now, as with anything computer related "2 steps forward, 1.9999999 back". I'm currently trying to find out why my Two Pass - 2nd pass is encoding the avi's to a 198KB useless little file. *sigh*

Comment

Working...