Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadovv
    • Feb 2002

FlaskMPEG XiS Expert! Edition

Can someone tell me what this version of FlaskMpeg is all about ?
    It's pretty stable compare to the official release of FlaskPmeg 0.6
    , but just one problem...there's no De-Interlace setting.
    Anyone have any clues on how to De-Interlace with this version of Flask Mpeg?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Well...

There is a deinterlace option in the divx4.x codec, but it's not really the best solution, but then again deinterlace in flask was never perfect.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• shadovv
      • Feb 2002

Well FlaskMpeg de-interlace is the best de-interlacer I've found so far, if I reduce the threshold setting down to 1-5, the de-interlace is seemless. takes like 10 hours for 100 minute movie but.
      De-interlace in the divx codec is the worst and utter most horrible quality I've ever seen, it's as if nothing was de-interlace at all.
      Anyone else got a clue what FlaskMpeg XIS does ?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

FlaskMpeg de-interlace is the best de-interlacer I've found so far
        Have you tried using Smart Deinterlacer filter in Virtualdub? It has far more options and I say it's better than Flask.

...reduce the threshold setting down to 1-5, the de-interlace is seemless...
        That's a very low thresold. Don't you notice that the deinterlaced movie looks rather, for lack of better words, unclear and crap? I don't usually allow my thresold to go below 10 ever and then again, I hardly ever go near that value, preferring to stay at 20 or more. Flask, in my opinion, makes interlaced material nearly impossible to be cleanly deinterlaced.

Comment

Working...