Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • booboo32
    • Mar 2005

xvid to dvd problem

please help.i got a movie i want to convert to dvd and no program will accept it, tmpeg just encodes the vid with no sound main concept wont load it up,i even tried win avi and it says cannot render graph.i loaded it up into virtual dub and it says.VIRTUAL DUB HAS DETECTED AN IMPROPER VBR AUDIO ENCODEING IN THE SOURCE AVI FILE AND WILL REWRITE THE AUDIO HEADER WITH STANDARD CBR VALUES DURING PROCESSING FOR BETTER COMPATIBILITY.THIS MAY INTRODUCE UP TO 18126 MS OF SKEW FROM THE VIDEO STREAM.IF NOT ACCEPTABLEDECOMPRESS ENTIRE AUDIO STREAM TO AN UNCOMPRESSED WAV FILE AND RECOMPRESS WITH A CONSTANT BITRATE ENCODER BITRATE 27.2 KBPS.i cannot find a bitrate encoder to change to the value it states.i converted vid to dvd and audio to ac3 and then multiplex them but they are way out of sync.when i let virtual dub change value it to out of sync like it said it would be.is thier any program that can fix sync in avi and mpeg or could anyone advise me how to sync in virtual dub or any other way to fix this problem so i can convert to dvd.tnx
    Last edited by booboo32; 6 Mar 2005, 03:14 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio for use with TMPGEnc

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK". Rightclick on the audiostream again, then select "Compression" and make certain it is set to "No compression (PCM)"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save .AVI with a new filename

Comment

• booboo32
      • Mar 2005

thanks for responding mate i been on a few forums and no one could help?i sussed how to do all what you said but when i join them back in virtual dub mod they well out off sync its that what i am finding impossable to sort and to make matters worse i just got another movie lastnight and thats the same aswell. any advice on the sync tnx.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"but when i join them back in virtual dub mod they well out off sync "

Visit the following link for some helpful information on the topic:

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
          Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
          From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
          Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
          Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
          Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...