Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khitch12
    • Nov 2001

double rip divx4 shortcut

I've done a lot of double rip divx 4 jobs just occured to me that maybe the first pass could be sped up, for instance setting the post processing to bilinear filtering which is much faster for the first pass then back to HQ binliner filtering for the second pass.
    Wonder if you could process the first pass without sound to speed it up there and then the second pass with sound. Just not sure what divx is looking at when it makes that first pass, just guessing it is only judging video bit rate. Wondering if anyone might have tried this or has exact knowledge of what divx is looking at when making the first pass. So much of ripping for me has been like reinventing the wheel. btw I am using flask6.
  • timing
    • Nov 2001

Hmmm I have tried doing the first pass without processing any audio and then doing the second pass with audio back on, and the final file there wasn't any sound at all. Furthermore I'm pretty sure the FPS change by turning off the audio during the first pass was neglible ... don't know about any of your other, erm, experiments though

Comment

Working...