Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brain2k1
    • Apr 2005

Xvid file audio

I have a very odd problem concerning an xvid encoded video file which I tried to convert to mpg by using VirtualDub (to extract the audio) and TMPGEnc (to convert). The problem is that I can only play the extracted wav audio file in windows media player. All other programs I tried to play it or convert it to mp3 with gave me different error messages (e.g. "No codec found" or "ACM Driver Error"). I have already re-installed all codecs necessary (Nimo's Codec Pack) but it still doesn't work. The strange thing is that it works perfectly as long as I use Windows Media Player. The complete avi file also works in WMP only, in all other players the audio is not played. I hope somebody has an explanation.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I have already re-installed all codecs necessary (Nimo's Codec Pack) but it still doesn't work."

Hello and welcome to the forums. Generally, it is a good idea to stay away from "Codec Packs". Open the original XviD file(s) in "VirtualDub" ("File" > "Open Video File"). Then go to "File" > "File Information" and post everything that is listed in both the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or post a screenshot of the information.

Comment

• brain2k1
      • Apr 2005

Here's a screenshot of the VDub Info window
      Attached Files

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority or one or two positions below the highest priority. This will allow TMPGEnc to open a properly encoded AVI (XviD) file with AC3 audio. Then import the original XviD file(s) into TMPGEnc and encode for a few minutes save the output in order to check to see if the audio is present.

Comment

Working...