Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trystian
    • May 2005

New Auto AVI Naming tool for AutoGK v1.95

I had a few people ask me to add some fuctionality to Auto name AVI's from the selected source directory for AutoGK 1.95, so here it is...

AutoGK (v1.95) Helper tool

In a nutshell, here is what it does:

It will only prompt you the first time for a destination location. If you want to change it later, hit the ~ key.

This program looks at the directory name from the selected input directory in AutoGK. If the directory name contains "VIDEO_TS" or "EPISODE", it then looks at the parent directory name to get the output filename. Only on select occasions will it still prompt you for a filename, such as, if the parent directory name is "DVD_VIDEO". Once it has the name, it then properly formats it. Example: "THIS_CONTENT" becomes "This Content.avi".
    If it finds that the file already exists in the destination directory, or in the job queue, it will append an incremental number to the end of the filename. Example: If "This Content.avi" exists, the next one it adds will be "This Content-2.avi". I added this feature to help process multiple rip VOB's acquired from same source, or processing the same VOB with different settings.
    Once it does all the above, it then adds the file to the Job Queue automatically.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Function Keys:
    ` - Automatically detects the Output filename from the Input Directory name, then adds it to the job queue (Remember to select encoding options first)

~ - Opens the Select Destination Directory Dialog Box

CTRL+DELETE - Deletes ALL non-essential files from the destination directory once encoding is completed (*_agk.log & agk_temp directory) * Only use this AFTER AutoGK has completed processing files!

ESCAPE - Exits this helper program

F1 - Displays the help MsgBox
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: This helper application is self contained. No DLL's or hooks into anything. It does write one registry key to keep track of the selected destination folder, but that is all. Of course it does need AutoGK 1.95 to be installed to do anything.

Note: This was designed and tested on Windows XP Pro with AutoGK v1.95 only. If you'd like to test it out on newer versions, go for it. If you have any problems, bugs, or questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
    -T
Working...