Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE TARDIS
    • Jun 2005

Can't split AVI file

hi, this is my first post here and was hoping someone can help. I have an AVI file which is in the xvid format - and i need to take the first 18 seconds off of it - however - ive tried reading many guides and used many software programs to split that bit off of it (i tell it to save the rest) i set the begining and end as i want it and try to do it... this is where it all goes wrong - it says its doing it - and says its complete - however - when i then view the new (supposedly without the first 18 seconds) video file - it has not changed - i still have it all - any idea?

thank you!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

use virtualdub, open your file then use the buttons and pointer to do your edit.
    you can go frame to frame, key frame jump etc.

here is a guide for extra help.(the top portion refers to "cutting" the avi)

Last edited by LT. Columbo; 24 Jun 2005, 09:07 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Mai
      • Oct 2004

Mabe in the 18 sec. there is no keyframe but the first frame. you are only able to cut-in at a keyframes, so if you set your cut-in between two keyframes vdub, f. ex., will go to the last keyframe and start here, that is probably your first frame so no actual change will be made.
      What could be done is:
      Cut some time later at a keyframe, and reencode the stuff before this keyframe without the 18sec., then join the to parts together.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

you can cut at ANY frame, you will need to use the "advance one frame" buttons for this.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...