Hardcoding subtitles with VBR audio (OT?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irrelevant
    • Jul 2005

Hardcoding subtitles with VBR audio (OT?)

Hop this is the right place to post this...

I need to hardcode subtitles for a standalone divd/divx player that doesn't recognize the .srt files. The avi, according to AVIcodec, is XVID Mpeg 4 for video (which is why I posted here) and Cyberlink MPEG 1 layer 3 for audio. 142 Kbps VBR, therefore VirtualDub, usually mentioned as the standard way to hardcoding, is of no help (I get the popup alert of VBR everytime I try to open the file), nor is SubMux. Anyone wishing to help me with a step-by-step alternative tutorial? Thanks in advance, and hope I wasn't OT here.
  • Mai
    • Oct 2004

So as far as i understood this your are trying to make an avi with vbr mp3 audio. And hardcoding subs is rendering the subtitles into the video, isn't it? Your problem is to mux the vid with the audio, because of vbr, well then just try VirtualDubMod this thing will eat anything http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...e.zip?download

So waht i would do, is:
    Demux your initial avi into XviD-Str-mp3
    then hardcode the subs with virtual dub into a new vid.
    and at last remux the new vid with the mp3 seperately.
    This should work.

Comment

• irrelevant
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Mai
      So as far as i understood this your are trying to make an avi with vbr mp3 audio. And hardcoding subs is rendering the subtitles into the video, isn't it?
      Not exactly. I already have an avi with VBR audio. It has sound and video, but no subtitles. I've made a .srt file for it (line by line... *sigh* a bit of a hard work ), and as far as I'm watching it with my pc and VobSub, subtitles show perfectly. But I want to see the avi with a divx standalone player, that doesn't have .srt files recognition, so I need to burn permanently the subtitles into the avi (I read this is called "hardcoding", with a technical term).

Originally Posted by Mai
      Your problem is to mux the vid with the audio, because of vbr, well then just try VirtualDubMod this thing will eat anything http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...e.zip?download

So waht i would do, is:
      Demux your initial avi into XviD-Str-mp3
      then hardcode the subs with virtual dub into a new vid.
      and at last remux the new vid with the mp3 seperately.
      This should work.
      How do I separate video and audio - which is what I think your first line is suggesting me - since also VDubMod, when I try to open the avi, pops up the "VBR audio detected" warning? I'm sorry, I admit I don't haver a very deep knowledge of that software, but I'm fraid I got a bit lost in the Help file...

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...