Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamieuk23
    • Nov 2003

need some advice divx to DVD

Hi I want to convert a divx movie to DVD so it will play on a standard DVD player.

I am going to use TMPG Plus to do the conversion to DVD. I am just a little unsure on what I need to do for the Audio so it will play percet on my DVD player ??

at the minute the divx movie just has mp3 audio. will I need to convert the audio to AC3 or somthen so it plays on my DVD player ??

best way to do it so I dont get sync issuess ??
    Last edited by jamieuk23; 4 Jul 2005, 02:13 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be (This will address your audio concerns):

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this. Uncheck "Save separate .WAV file" (or similar wording)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• jamieuk23
      • Nov 2003

Hi mate thanks for the advice seems prety striaght forward.. whats about the audio ?? does TMPG utomatically convert the MP3 audio form the divx movie to another codec which will work on my dvd player ??

Just that I thought most DVD`s had Ac3 audio as standard ?

thanks for your time and help mate !!

jay

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanks for the advice"

My pleasure ;>}

"does TMPG utomatically convert the MP3 audio form the divx movie to another codec which will work on my dvd player ??"

Yes - As I said, this will address your audio concerns:
        Uncheck "Save separate .WAV file" (or similar wording). The video AND audio will then be saved as a multiplexed (video and audio) DVD-compliant file...

Comment

• jamieuk23
          • Nov 2003

Hi again mate, I now have another problem !

the movie I have is 2 x 700mb files > CD1 + CD2.

I have just tried to join them toghter using virtual dub "append Avi Segment" but I get this error message.

"the audio streams have different sampling rates"

what do you recomend I do mate ??? do I need to join both files togther ?

Should I just encode each file separately and then try to join them once they are in MPEG form ?
          Last edited by jamieuk23; 4 Jul 2005, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It's probably simplest to convert each file separately to DVD-compliant format in "TMPGEnc" and then combine them in "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Using "Add File", NOT "Add new track").

You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

yes leave the mp3 alone tmpgenc likes it. and as stated above it is much simpler to join the encoded files with dvd author. when you encode them with tmpgenc plus (WITHOUT PCM audio selected in the first screen of dvd template wizard) leave "output audio and video as elementary streams" unchecked on the last screen where it asks you to choose a filename.
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

mpeg 1 layer 2 is a compliant audio format which is used alot. As you get more experienced you can start to de-mux the audio and video and convert them separately and re-mux them. This gives you more control over the final product such as getting ac-3 audio etc.

Comment

Working...