X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callo1
    • Jul 2005

Is it possible to do this?

Hello there.

I just found your wonderful forums and decided to shoot a question to anyone that may be able to answer it for me. I did a bit of searching on the topic but came up without a resolution.

Anyway, heres the question:

I recently got a Panasonic recorder that plays +R, -R, DVDRW, and DVD Ram. This unit is not a pc dvd recorcer, but rather a home theater type unit that I use to record tv shows etc.

I do have an NEC dual layer dvd burner on my pc as well. I was wondering if it was possible for me to record my shows on the Panasonic dvd recorder, then transfer the files to my PC, then burn a dual layer disk with from the NEC?

The reason I'm asking this is because I have some NBA games and such that I recorded on the higher quality setting which forced me to use 2 disks when I initially recorded them. What I want to accomplish is a consolodation of the data onto 1 dual layer disk. Basically I used a seperate disk for the 1st and the 2nd half of each game to keep the quality (bitrate) higher, but I would love to get each entire game on its own disk.

Thanks in advance for any help

If this can be done, any advice on software needed etc would be much welcome.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest!

You should be able to accomplish this with "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (and, if additional compression is needed, DVD Shrink).

You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

Do as "setarip stated and get Tmpgenc dvd Author. Assuming you have each disk ripped to your hard drive
      1 in TDA choose "new project"
      2 choose "add dvd video" and add the 1st dvd
      3 choose "add dvd video" and add the 2nd dvd
      4 author as/if desired
      5 save to hard drive and check results (I do before I burn)

Comment

• Keaton231
        • Mar 2005

Are you using DVD Decryptor or DVD Shrink to get the files off the DVD?
        DVD Decrypter DVD Shrink ffmpegGUI BeSweet TMPGEnc TMPGEnc DVD Author
        Muxman VirtualDub VirtualDubMod Cucusoft Video Converter Rad Video Tools
        WinAVI Video Converter Windows Movie Maker

Comment

Working...