X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azure Dragon
    • Dec 2001

Divx >> DVD

Hello all

This might be a little off topic but a friend of mine requested if I could burn a few episodes of anime to a regular DVD, making it playable in a normal dvd player. I didn't really find any good category under DVD so I am just asking here.

I want to burn a whole anime serie actually, 26 episodes, each being about 200MB and 20 minutes of lenght. I am a bit confused about various things, like how many episodes would I be able to fit on a DVD (single layer) after I convert them to vob, will the file size be about the same or will it change after the convert? and also simply how I should do it, what programs would be best to use, I would be thankful for any kind of help. =)

I have been looking around a little and found a program called dvd2avi but it seems only to be able to handle one file at a time. I wonder if anyone had experiance using it or if they are recommanding something else?

Thanks in advance!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

what form are these files in right now?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

"each being about 200MB and 20 minutes of lenght". has to be a pretty highly compressed video/ mpeg 4 I would say. What does the quality of the video look like now ? To find out what the format of the video/audio is use Gspot or avicodec (both free)

Comment

• claire
        • Feb 2005

Hello,

As for converting these files to a vob use DivxToDVD fast and free (a soon to be out commercial version will tell you when you've added to many files to fit onto one DVD--for now this needs to be calculated by you)

Select multiple file for conversion by holding down the control button while using the browser to select files.

Comment

• koppelrath
          • Apr 2005

try dvdsanta, you can select more files in one time and convert it to dvd

Comment

• techreactor
            Banned
            • Jul 2005

GNU Version try - http://weethet.nl/english/video_diko_avi2dvd.php

Paid - Use Mainconcept MPEG Encoder and then DVDlab

Both work well

Comment

Working...