X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mai
    • Oct 2004

XviD encoding errors

Hi,
    so.... some days ago I tried to encode a large video, that means a whole movie.
    I used VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_1_All_inclusive and XviD-1.1.0-Beta2-04042005 _Beta Release_ with a normal .m2v video.
    I did this and got after (about) 20 minutes of work an "out of bound memory access" in XvidCore. I changed the Xvid version to the last "stable", with the same result at bout 15 to 25 min. of work and changed the version back. I read that other Mpeg4 based codecs may interfere with xvid an cause errors, so I uninstalled some Mpeg4 and Fake codecs. Remaining ones: DivX Pro(5.1.1), 3ivx(D4 4.5.1), WMV9, VP6 as far as I can see. Started again an was kind of happy that it took now about 30 min. to get an error, but not as above but an Harware error with bluescreen..... Now I was concerned and made an stress test of my CPU with Prime 95... but it seams to be fine (tested 1h).
    So what??? I know that my XviD worked before and that every other codec, including DivX and 3ivx, is doing fine.

Hmmm now some facts:
    Windows 2K SP3
    512MB Ram
    AMD 3200+
    m2v -> Vdub (704x288) -> XviD

there was only Vdub runnig during encoding except the service tasks.

and as said, every other codec is working fine under the same condition.

HELP!!! please......

Thanks for answering
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

google search "koepi's latest build XviD-1.0.3". you should only have installed the codecs you require. did you do something that could have created this problem?
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 6 Jul 2005, 09:56 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

" uninstalled some Mpeg4 and Fake codecs." lol but what were the fake codecs ?

Comment

Working...