Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calibretto
    • Mar 2002

DVDx problem

When I use the program I open a VOB extension and an error will come up saying "auth.dll can not authenticate drive, try to unlock the drive". I am on WIN XP and I have already installed ASPI drivers from adaptec. What should I do. ( I am using DVDx 1.8a)

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried playing the DVD while starting the ripping program?

Comment

• Thrawn
      • Jan 2002

yes normally dvdx just works when u first play the dvd (the video itself, not the opening) some secs, but that error u describe i only had when i didnt have aspi drivers installed, which version u installed (last i think is 4.7, it works for me, dont forget to have last DirectX installed!!)
      The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• Thrawn
        • Jan 2002

one note:
        i still get that error message too, but the progs work fine though (if u can see a black background after that message and u can slide through the video for encoding at special positions)

Comment

• Calibretto
          • Mar 2002

I have the latest ASPI drivers (4.7) and I have WIN XP ( That means direct X 8.1 is already on there). Yet I still get that same " auth.dll...." error keeps coming up. I can get into the black portion and start to rip, but I cant play the movies I create in Windows Media Player, I can only play them in The Playa fromDIVX. Any advise ??

Comment

• Thrawn
            • Jan 2002

thats ok, thats a prob of that wind med player at all
            which codec did u use? mpeg4v2? with this codec i get same probs with the wmp7.1 too, but works just fine with every other player

dvdx works quite sure when u can encode, just ignore that error message, it doesnt mean anything

Comment

Working...