Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • worsel
    • Jul 2005

Rencode without QPEL or GMC

Is there a fast and easy way to do this?
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

perhaps this will be of some help http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=avi.NET

Comment

• worsel
      • Jul 2005

Does this rencode avis without QPEL and GMC?

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

didn't try it

Comment

• worsel
          • Jul 2005

It does not accept avi files as input.

I am looking for a tool that rencodes avi files with QPEL or GMC to an avi that does not contain QPEl or GMC so it will play on a standalone Xvid player.

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

Virtualdub or one of it's variants (I use vdub mpeg2) all free. d/l and install the latest version of xvid (I use Kiope's build). open the video in vdub. choose direst stream copy for audio unless you want to change it for some reason. Choose fast recompress for video (unless you want to add filter/s). choose compression and scroll down to xvid. highlight it and click configure. check the xvid encoder settings and make sure qpel and gmc is not used. by default it should not be. I use 1 pass (use 2 pass if you feel you must)>profile unrestricted>motion search precision 5>vhq mode 1>turbo checked> everything else default> use the built in bitrate calculator and click ok to back out and save the settings. save the avi. I have found these settings to give good quality with good speed, and I have no problems playing these files on my 2 philips dvp642 which hate qpel/gmc.

Comment

• worsel
              • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
              Virtualdub or one of it's variants (I use vdub mpeg2) all free. d/l and install the latest version of xvid (I use Kiope's build). open the video in vdub. choose direst stream copy for audio unless you want to change it for some reason. Choose fast recompress for video (unless you want to add filter/s). choose compression and scroll down to xvid. highlight it and click configure. check the xvid encoder settings and make sure qpel and gmc is not used. by default it should not be. I use 1 pass (use 2 pass if you feel you must)>profile unrestricted>motion search precision 5>vhq mode 1>turbo checked> everything else default> use the built in bitrate calculator and click ok to back out and save the settings. save the avi. I have found these settings to give good quality with good speed, and I have no problems playing these files on my 2 philips dvp642 which hate qpel/gmc.
              Thanks for the help, much apperiated.

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

no problem. let us know of your success

Comment

Working...