Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. B
    • Aug 2005

Help! Trying to burn MP4 to blank dvd media

I d/l a MP4 video. Plays great on PC. Trying to burn to DVD so can watch on dvd stand alone player, and can't do it.
    Ran it through Nero Recode2, which recoded it to Nero MP4 format (not sure what that is, but file is larger now.) Tried burning with Nero Burn and no go. Tried with every program I've read about and nothing works. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what or how to fix it. Have new pc with 1GB of ram (works great, BTW), etc. Using latest version of Nero suite. Understand that MP4 is great and movie plays great on PC. Why can't I burn it to dvd to play in home player to watch on big screen? Also tried using Nero Vision Express, but that didn't work either. Also tried running the recoded file through ImPEG Too Encoder and that worked, but changed file into one big VOB file. VOB file plays great on PC, but same story....no burning software "sees" this VOB file when I try to open to burn it to dvd media. Very frustrating.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

tmpgenc should be able to process mp4 no problem as long as you have a splitter like haali's and ffdshow installed....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Mrs. B
      • Aug 2005

I don't have those installed (everything else installed, however.) Why do I need a splitter and what does that do? Thanks

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

tmpgenc uses this to encode your container.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Mrs. B
          • Aug 2005

Thanks for your help, Lt. Columbo

This is too complicated for me. Seems that since I already have the MP4 file, why can't I just burn it via ___________________(fill in the blank) software to a disc that I can put in my LG DVD player and have it work? What is the big problem in doing this? I shouldn't have to keep manipulating the file to just burn it, should I? If I do, then I'm ready to give up on this and find the file in avi format - at least that I know how to burn/convert avi to dvd.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

well if you don't have the right tools on your system it ain't goona work. just yesterday i had an avi with vp6 video and didn't have the codec for it so i couldn't play it back. i just went and downloaded and installed the codec and then encoded, authored and burned the disc. nothin to it really.

"This is too complicated for me"

"I shouldn't have to keep manipulating the file to just burn it, should I? If I do, then I'm ready to give up on this and find the file in avi format "

that might be the best in that case....i hope it works out for you either way
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• Mrs. B
              • Aug 2005

Thanks, I appreciate your time. If there was someway to post the file somewhere, I'd be thrilled to have you take a look-see, but dunno if that would be good idea or not?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

well you could post the info from gspot or virtualdub, but don't show us the actual title of the file (unless you want to change it first)
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• Mrs. B
                  • Aug 2005

I don't know how to post the "info" ....is there a way to post the file? What info would you need?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

you have to dl and install one of the above programs, then do a screenshot of the info about the audio and video.

how to post screen shots

yet another option:
                    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 25 Aug 2005, 05:27 AM.
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• Mrs. B
                      • Aug 2005

Okay....I figured out what you meant. Here is info from gspot:

DirectShow claims to be able to play the file. The following combination of filters were used:

{C:\My Movies\anymovie.vob} (Source)
                      {MPEG-2 Demultiplexer} (Splitter)

{InterVideo Video Decoder} (Video Decoder)
                      {Video Renderer} (Video Renderer)

{Nero Digital Audio Decoder} (Audio Decoder)
                      {Default DirectSound Device} (Audio Renderer)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

can you post the screenshot of it? there is more i need to see.

btw, have you even tried to encode this with tmpgenc? you say you have "everything else" so i assume that means a codec pack or 2?
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• Mrs. B
                          • Aug 2005

The info you sent re posting screen shots pertains only to Nero logs. Not sure how to post a log from gspot, but suppose I could find out. As for the other program link, that program pertains to converting mp4 to AVI files. That doesn't really do me any good. If I did that, I'd have an avi file which will play on pc, but not on my dvd player. I'd have to run the avi file through winavi to get it into dvd standard files and then burn those. I'm sure with all the back & forth, something would get lost, would it not?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

no, that link has info on screenshots. gspot doesn't have a log, i just want the screenshot (pic).
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• Mrs. B
                              • Aug 2005

Screenshot

okay, I'm attaching.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...