Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmie_large
    • Apr 2005

avi to dvd, picture-quality

i have been able to encode av to ddv and playback now, but now the problem is when i playback, my picture is clear when there is no motion and when there there is motion, my picture gets fuzzy and with small tiny little blocks. i have tried different converters and the result is the same. i have a GE force 2mx/mx 400. help!!!!!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

how does the original look with fast panning scenes? what software did you use to convert? is this true with the file being played back on the pc?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jimmie_large
      • Apr 2005

in a small window, it plays great, but when i full screen it on the computer it loses picture quality.

Comment

• jimmie_large
        • Apr 2005

i use santa dvd.

Comment

• jimmie_large
          • Apr 2005

i would love to be able to covert it without losing so much quality. the quality is fine with the still picture, but it's the motion that ruins my movies.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

sounds as if the original file is poor, you'll never make something great out of a poor quality file. if this is not the case tell us. panning scenes is where pixels are always evident.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...