Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strahd2004
    • Nov 2004

Divx converting

I have the same problem alot of people seem to be having> I have alot of videos that are in Divx format and none of the DVD authoring software I have or can get ahold of will work with waht it calls MPEG-4. ( I have Nero Ultra but tech support doesn't seem to know why it gives me errors with these files)
    I have tried some video converters but the results are poor and take a long time. I know there are really good programs out there to do this kind of work but most of them are over my head. I found one that has good reviews called Aimone Video Converter but I do not know what settings will produce the best output to use with a program like Nero Vision ( that is the one I have that I like). Should I encode to .mpg or .avi or .wmv. What about framerate ,bitrate, height, width and sound format? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    thank you
  • hernan35
    • Sep 2005

THATS A REAL PROBLEM, MY PROBLEM TOO, but I solve...

After many try's, in several way, with several programs I found one solution and it's that...

Burn a disk with Nero Burnin Rom 6x (6.0.1.0. or 6.0.1.1. or 6.3.0.1. o something like that) like VCD, SVCD, XVCD or DVD (works if you burn it with EasyCD creator 6.0 too)

If the program ask you for re-encode you can say "yes" o "no" as you wish, takes no difference.

Well, you have a AVSEQ.DAT or AVSEQ.MPG in your disk. Copy to you hard drive.

Open Adobre Premier Pro 6.5 or better (you dont have it? try to download in Ares, I-Mesh or other p2p program)

Import your file, save your project, and export you timeline as a movie (here you define audio and video format, and video codec to use, for example Indeo 5.11)

HERE YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT, the process realy spend very much time, but works.

Once you have exported you NEW avi file, you can manipulate as you want with you preffered software.

Good luck

********** Sorry about my english, I'm in spanish

hernan2005a@yahoo.com

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

i assume you are trying to burn to dvd. if so, use a program such as 'tmpgenc' to encode to mpeg-2 format. then use 'tmpgenc dvd author' to prepare it for burning. use nero in 'dvd vide' mode to burn.

guides here : http://www.afterdawn.com , http://www.doom9.org
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...