Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman2632
    • Feb 2005

VSO divx to DVD getting nothing but errors

Hello. Maybe someone can help a moron like me with this...I used VSO DIVXto DVD to convert a bunch of mpeg files to dvd compatible files. everything seemed to go as planned. All the files were a combines 8.3GB in size. I wanted to send them through shrink but got an error message dvd shrink encountered an error and failed to open the specified file and cannot find the file. But I went into the folder where my files were located. So I send enough files through NERO so that it would be within limits and I get another error. DVD-video files compliance test failed. The resulting DVD-video might be unplayable. Continue? I clicked yes. Then another error said error may result in defective write. continue anyway? i clicked yes. the dvd burned successfully but with errors. It plays in one of my dvd players but in the other one it states "files not found"...Any help please? Thanks.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

well obviously something went wrong with the encoding. i haven't used that program, i use tmpgenc, and tmpgenc dvd author. dvd shrink will happily accept all files if converted through this process first.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ironman2632
      • Feb 2005

Hi. I started to use TMPGenc and I came across this error..."A video sequence header is necessary for every GOP in a standard DVD. Video sequence header is incorrect. TMPGenc DVD author has encountered a fatal error it cannot ignore." Now what am I doing wrong? I went to add a file and some were able to go through but then I got that message on most. Thanks.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

did you encode the file(s) creating the problem first with tmpgenc? (a different program than tmpgenc dvd author)
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ironman2632
          • Feb 2005

Hello Columbo. I used TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress now to start encosing my project. It consists of about 70 .mpg files that is around 9GB in space. I went through start/set source/set output (without changing any standard settings) and then finally selected "encode". I chose to encode the files separatley into a specified folder instead of 1 file. Out of the 70 files, it has encoded about 14 so far and when I go to my folder, it shows all that have been encoded and the one that is currently in progress. When I look at the properties of the finished files, it still says that they are mpeg movie files. Is this how it is supposed to be? Am I doing it correctly? I thought this program was to convert the mpeg files to DVD ready files. At least that's what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

Comment

• ajp
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Mar 2005

What version of VSO did you use? I have found great success with 0.5.2 it is the older free version and mostly idiot proof, it can be found here about halfway down the page. Download and install that.

Open it up and you will see this.

Select the video you want to convert, and a destination for it. Then if you are using an NTSC dvd player make sure to force NTSC or vice versa for PAL. As you can see in this example I am going to encode The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and I have choosen to force NTSC.

Comment

Working...