• Show
Clear All
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

MPEG2 filters

Hi there.

I used to be able to make REALLY good MPEG2 videos using TMPGENC.

This was over 7 months ago and since then, something has happened which will not let me open ANY MPEG2 files.

So, I got myself Cyberlink powerdvd xp v4.

I manually installed the filters, but WMP and TMPGENC will not open it. If WMP does open it (when it wants to) then TMPGENC will not open it anyway.

I downloaded the vob filters, it works but quality is poor, pixelation flashing etc...

I tried the ivivideo and the iviaudio, but they don't work, WMP and TMPGENC won't open the files.

I tried freedvd but if WMP plays it, the picture is Blurry, very blurry and TMPGENC will not open any MPEG2 files.

I tried LSX (ligos), the quality is poor (it's actually the same filters as vob filter v1.04)

I tried the tsunami filter pack, WMP and TMPGENC won't open any MPEG2 files

I tried the DVD2CD codec pack - no luck.

I tried the bigpop(?) filter pack - no luck

I tried NIMO! NOW, WMP does play it but blurry picture and TMPGENC will not open it (I tried the NEW version (v5?) and the v4.33)

I tried the TMPGENC Mv2 plug in, it does open it but then WMP won't play it, cause there are no filters to play it!

As you can see, I have alot of problems. I even formatted my other hdd and installed Windows but no luck.

The directshow filter in TMPGENC is set to 1 and I tried at 0 priority.

Yes, I have been installing one filter and then uninstalling it and moving on to the next.

I have tried it on these OS's:

Windows 2000 PRO
    Windows 98SE
    Windows ME

Still to do Windows XP PRO

Sorry it's a long posting, PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP!!!!!!!!!! I AM DYING!!!

Seriously - I need to get this working as I have alot of evidence for a court case and the police need the CD's and I can't do anything cause I can't get TMPGENC to open any MPEG2 files.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time

PEACE and RESPECT

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I tried the TMPGENC Mv2 plug in, it does open it"

As a last resort (so that you can at least use your files), use TMPGEnc to convert the MPEG2 files to MPEG1 format...

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

Setarip, thanks for your reply.

I hope you know that I am a big fan of yourself.

I have nearly solved the problem.

It had something to do with pre-installing Windows.

I did not pre-install Windows on my other hdd today and I registered the claud and the clvsd.ax filters and it works. However:

when I do this:

AVI > MPEG2 and then open the MPEG2 file in TMPGENC it says it is unsupported.

If I use the nimo pack, it opens the MPEG2 file and encodes but when you make it full screen, it is blurry.

If I use ligos/vob filter v1.04 then it plays it but pixelation effect.

I could convert to MPEG1 but:

1) quality sometimes not as good as MPEG2
      2) What would be the point on having MPEG2 in the TMPGENC program if it doesn't work properly?

Thanks again.

Help

Techno

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I could convert to MPEG1 but:

1) quality sometimes not as good as MPEG2
        2) What would be the point on having MPEG2 in the TMPGENC program if it doesn't work properly? "

As I said before, the reason I suggested that you convert your files to MPEG1 was, "As a last resort (so that you can at least use your files)" - Remember your upcoming police case?

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

OK, I will. Thanks.

But what about for the future? How can I solve this bug?

What filters do u use? are they good quality?

Thanks

Techno

Comment

Working...