X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stiff mysta
    • Aug 2005

another TMPgenc problem

hi i use winavi to convert my avi files into dvd format, (vob files),
    but when i open Tmpgenc to create a menu, i dont understand why it has to take like 3 hours and convert it into the same format??
    i start with a audio_ts and video_ts folder, and end up with the same including menu.
    but i dont understand why it takes soo long.

plus when i tried to add, a mpeg file, it says TMPGenc has encountered a serious error,
    its seeems that your resolution isnt the right size, and we cannot ignore this error??
    why does it do this for??
    Home of The Stiff Mysta
    http://kashiboi.be
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

"but when i open Tmpgenc to create a menu, i dont understand why it has to take like 3 hours and convert it into the same format??"

that's because winavi doesn't make the needed bups and ifo files for DVD format, tmpgenc sees this and tries to re-author. this is one of about 100 reasons why winavi is a poor choice for encoding.

"plus when i tried to add, a mpeg file, it says TMPGenc has encountered a serious error,
    its seeems that your resolution isnt the right size, and we cannot ignore this error??
    why does it do this for??"

this would likely fall back on the settings from winavi and the file it created not having a DVD standard resolution. i suggest tmpgenc to do your encoding (diffrent from tmpgenc dvd author)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• stiff mysta
      • Aug 2005

oh so can i get tmpgenc from the same website as the dvd author
      Home of The Stiff Mysta

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

yes
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• stiff mysta
          • Aug 2005

but the thing is, ive had a look at the tmpgenc that you are talking about.
          the reason i dont like it is and this is the reason why i choose winavi.
          it encodes it into mpeg 1/2 format, which takes like a whole day to encode from avi.
          isnt there a program which can encode it into video_ts and audio_ts format, because im more used to that, and this way i can also shrink it with dvd shrink if needed.
          Home of The Stiff Mysta

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

yes tmpgenc does take longer, but the quality is outstanding compared to winavi. once the file is encoded you would author it with tmpgenc dvd author, and this step is quite fast, then it's ready to burn. but i understand if you want a program that will go from avi right to ALL the needed dvd structure files, maybe someone else can suggest one.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

Nero Vision Express 3 should do it.
              sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• stiff mysta
                • Aug 2005

im sure it doesnt do it for video_ts and audio_ts files, it askes for mpeg 2 files,
                Home of The Stiff Mysta

Comment

• tigerman8u
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2003

do yourself a favor and do as "columbo" stated and use a good encoder such as Tmpgenc or mainconcept (I use mainconcept app. 3-4x faster than Tmpgenc) to encode the video to a dvd compliant mpeg 1/2. Then use a good program such as Tmpgenc dvd Author to author the mpeg 1/2. Much better results and very easy to use plus much more control.

Comment

• blutach
                    Not a god of digital video
                    • Oct 2004

There's a very good recent guide written by LT Columbo on using TMPGEnc Plus here.

Regards
                    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• stiff mysta
                      • Aug 2005

ok, but i dont get the differnce between video_ts/audio_ts and a mpeg 1/2 file??
                      Home of The Stiff Mysta

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

forget the audio ts folder. it is for compatibility reasons only. it should be empty. burn the contents of the video ts folder--it will have audio

when an mpeg-2 file is authored it will convert to dvd format (video and audio ts folders)
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• paglamon
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

Nero Vision Express can create Video_TS from .avi.It is an authoring software.I have converted a small .avi file to Video_TS(with IFO & VOB files).I think u r confusing Nero Vision Express with Nero Express which is the burning software.
                          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• stiff mysta
                            • Aug 2005

"when an mpeg-2 file is authored it will convert to dvd format (video and audio ts folders)"

so does that waste another big chunk of time, isnt it more sensible to convert it first.
                            Home of The Stiff Mysta

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

by the way, i'm speaking of Tmpgenc dvd author. a real authoring program.

you have to have the file in mpeg-2 form first before you can author it. to give you an idea...say if it took 3 hrs to encode a file to mpeg-2 with standard tmpgenc, tmpgenc dvd author would take about 20 min to author it.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...