• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

Resizing XVid Movie to DVD

Hi guys,

I have an XVid movie and want to convert this to a DVD - I have an application called FitCD which will create an avs script as CCE won't resize without it. The script looks like this:

# -= AviSynth v2.5.5.0 script by FitCD v1.2.8 =-
    AVISource("c:\test\test.avi")
    BicubicResize(720,336,0,0.6,1,0,638,272)
    AddBorders(0,120,0,120)
    #Trim(0,150742).FadeOut(150)
    ConvertToYUY2() # For VirtualDub or CCE
    My couple of questions are:
    • In CCE do I say this is 4:3 or 16:9 (Do I remove the borders line and make it 16:9 or leave them and make it 4:3, or something else?)
    • Do I want to click the anamorphic check box - not sure if this will make the movie look odd?
    • Is using an avs script the correct way to resize a movie or is there a better way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by MrE_H
    Hi guys,

I have an XVid movie and want to convert this to a DVD - I have an application called FitCD which will create an avs script as CCE won't resize without it. The script looks like this:

My couple of questions are:
    • In CCE do I say this is 4:3 or 16:9 (Do I remove the borders line and make it 16:9 or leave them and make it 4:3, or something else?)
    - What is the aspect ratio for the original source, select that in CCE also.
    - If you still want to do encode it in 16:9 (which is beneficial only if you have a widescreen TV, or plan to buy it soon), select anamorphic in FitCD destination , use that script(no need to change anything in source since fitCd detects it) and also in CCE then, most changes will be done by the avisynth, CCE only puts a flag of 16:9.

• Do I want to click the anamorphic check box - not sure if this will make the movie look odd?
    I think I answered that above

• Is using an avs script the correct way to resize a movie or is there a better way.
    avisynth usually does a good job, provided you choose ur filter appropriately

Comment

• MrE_H
      Head of Sanitation
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for the quick reply,

The movie has an aspect ratio of 2.3529 - how do I select that in CCE?

I don't have a widescreen tv so I think 4:3 is option for me.

Thanks

Mr E
      A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

Working...