X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Avi To Dvd Back To PC Attach Menu ?

I an Avi file I put on to Dvd.What I am thinking of trying to do is put the dvd contents back in to my system to attach a menu to it can it be done?I have Nero and also Avi2Dvd with all the bells and whistles but I find right now that creating a menu through Avi2Dvd is a little too complex.I am just mastering how to do it through Nero.

• LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

first, this wasn't a data disc, but an avi that was converted to dvd video files, right? extremely simple. i'd dowload tmpgenc dvd author (free full version for 30 days). "add dvd video"
    TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

even if it had a menu before, you can "overwrite it"
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Back to help again LT Columbo Thank you.Yes it was an avi to dvd and I didn't attach a menu first time.I am going to do it this way and I only ask this because I don't normally fool around with free trials is there a way to do it back through Nero.Right now I have only put one dvd back into my system and I did it through DVDD which created an iso file.I for one am glad that I am part of those 5000+ posts and the fact that you are here congratulations.Please keep going.
      Last edited by soup; 12 Dec 2005, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

well i must say. the easiest way to do it is with the program i mentioned. i have never used nero for this kind of thing so i can't help you there. i use shrink to back up the dvd package (audio/video TS folders) to my HD. next open them in tmpgenc dvd author, make menu--done
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Thanks LT Columbo I will let you know how I do with your plan.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

please do, it's a very simple process
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

LT if you see this would you mind letting me know where I can find the guide to do this?I have the trial version from the link you gave me thank you.Do you open as a file or video because when I tried to add it as video ts it got real nasty?
              Last edited by soup; 13 Dec 2005, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Aug 2005

Hi soup,

This is the link to the guide which belongs to a TL who can solve mystery by smoking cigar

Regards
                Last edited by benbryant; 13 Dec 2005, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

see the authoring section towards the end of this guide, except you add dvd video, not files.

normally for me the folder i add should contain both audio AND video ts folders (i make the folder). but adding the video ts alone is ok. when you do this, click "next", "ok", then "ok". go on back to the guide for making a menu etc

EDIT: didn't see you comin benny
                  Last edited by LT. Columbo; 13 Dec 2005, 05:38 PM.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• benbryant
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Aug 2005

Hello LT,

I thought that you were offline so that I answered the request for you. Congrat LT for over 5,000 invaluable posts. Your devotion is always inspiring us

Regards

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

np, it was nice of you to help out soup, and thanks for the compliment

Columbo moments...

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

Thank you benbryant and LT Columbo this is just something I want to try and you never know maybe before the end of the trial I will do the whole process.Oh LT I have been having pretty good luck with Nero since I went back to it and if I have a problem I go to Avi2Dvd fully loaded.If it doesn't work in both of these I don't bother.I do have 2 files from shrink but the audio ts is empty.

Comment

Working...