Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daniel0094
    • Dec 2005

Demuxing directly in TMPGenc - I need help

After converting AVI file to mpeg-2 WinDVD5 played file with no sound. I used virtualdubmod to separate video and audio components and then used TMPGenc to encode. Files created at the end of this process were m2v video an wav audio. m2v wont play in WinDVD5: "please lower screen resolution or color detpth" error. DVD Author only recognizes mpg files, so I cant create DVD. I am now re-encoding the AVI file into mpg format and will try demuxing directly in TMPGenc, but I need help. Can someone tell me how to do this and have useable working files at the end of the process? Do I need other software? Thank you for your help.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

1) use media player classic to playback these files (free, and prefered method by many)
    Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots of nice extra features.

this file plays ok on the pc?
    try raising the direct show first

more information might help you in this guide

the FAQ:
    No Audio on Output File After Using TMPGEnc
    This is usually caused by the compression on the audio of the source file. If it is an AVI file it is very common. With an AVI file the easiest things to do here are set DirectShow Multimedia File Reader's priority to 2 or even better demcompress the audio.

To change the priority of DirectShow, this is done simply by clicking option - environmental setting. Click the VFAPI plug-in tab. You will see DirectShow in the list usually with a priority of -1. Right click on the NAME (not the priority) and click higher priority until the priority is 2 and it is at the top of the list. To decompress the audio for better results, do the following with VirtualDUB...

1. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
    2. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
    3. Click Audio - Compression. Select and click ok!
    4. Click File - Save AVI and try it with TMPGEnc.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 16 Dec 2005, 04:54 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...