Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • getme
    • Dec 2005

XViD:Audio lags behind Video

I am trying to convert my .avi XViD format video file to VCD(or for that matter any format), the audio lags behind the video.And the time lag increases as the movie proceeds on. I used MainConcept MPEG v1.51 Encoder to do the job.
    Could you tell me how do I overcome this problem, or suggest a better converting engine which probably would not give the lag!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

does the original file play with good audio sync on the pc?

i suggest tmpgenc free to do the vcd encoding. if you have the directshow raised before you encode, and the original plays with proper sync it will turn out perfect.

otherwise you should do this first:

download Virtualdub (free)
    VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for Windows platforms. It is streamlined for fast linear operations over video.

change the audio to a .WAV file using Virtualdub. Load the file. Go to "video">Direct stream copy. Under "audio">full processing mode, Click "audio" again. click Conversion check 48,000Hz and check "high quality" and ok. Go to "audio" >compression, select "no compression" (PCM) and ok. Finally go to FILE> save WAV. this will produce a .wav file (audio only).

when its done, load the original avi file again under file. go under audio, select full processing mode, go to audio again, select wav audio. load the wav file you made earler.

under video select direct stream copy, again under video select framerate and change so audio and video durations match.

go to file and "save as avi" with a new name
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 18 Dec 2005, 04:49 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...