Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ladybadone
    • Dec 2005

Divx to dvds playable on dvd player

I downloaded a couple movies that where divx format already. Burned them to a dvd and one worked on my dvd player and the other didt even though they where the same format. My dvd player plays divx. Do i need to convert the other ones?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you should compare the file information of the two to see which file has the attributes that do not play, you could use virtualdub to re-compress if needed.

gspot or virtualdub/mod can be used for this purpose. (freeware)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ladybadone
      • Dec 2005

The files are the same on all the movies. I burned the first one and it worked fine. Then i dled another one and burned it later on the same dvd and it does not read it on the stand alone dvd player but it does on the dvd player on my computer so I know its there.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

"burned it later on the same dvd"
        did you finalize/close the dvd after burning ?
        did you use Gspot as LT suggested to verify that the file is divx and not xvid ?
        both divx and xvid use .avi file extension default
        if the file is xvid most divx/dvd players won't play xvid if encoded with gmc/qpel. My Philips won't play an xvid encoded with the "Quantization type" set to mpeg custom.

Comment

• ladybadone
          • Dec 2005

i checked them all and they are all the same format. What i did was burned one movie on a dvd, didt close the disc, it worked fine on the dvd player. Later i burned the other 2 and have not closed the disc but they dont work, although the first one did even with the disc not closed.

Comment

Working...