Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tweekie
    • Dec 2005

Another Problem with xvid to dvd

I've got two separate xvid files both the size of 700mb i have used Lt columbos guide to convert them to dvd but when I come to use tmpgec dvd author it tells me the files are too big (the end results gives me two separate files of over 3g and I want them on the same disc. The last time it happened I just used dvd shrink and burnt it to a normal dvd this was fine except it did have any sound. Can anyone help me
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

ok you need to be crystal clear here. you want these 2 files on the dvd as seperate files (unjoined) right? when you do this it says it's to big (6GB). why didn't you set the correct bitrate in tmpgenc plus? anyway you can click ok and ignore the warning then use shrink like you said.

as for sound, what type of audio are you working with? does it have sound before you author?
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 31 Dec 2005, 05:07 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Tweekie
      • Dec 2005

hi sorry - no i want the two joining as one and it then says it's to big. I'm not sure about bitrates and don't know what I should be setting it to. I also made and error in my first post I meant to say that it didn't have sound when I ignored the warnings. Any ideas on what and how I can get around this?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i think the best thing for you is to go through this guide. when done correctly, you will have success start from the beginning, take your time. read it 20 times if you have to. i will be more than happy to help you through any bumps
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...