Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heyjude85023
    • Dec 2005

DVDDcrypter: Failed to Verify Sectors!

my backup burned with no problem, but when DVDDecrypter tried to verify, i got the following: (see attached log)
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comi tested it in my pc and in my stand alone (i didn’t view the whole movie, just jumped around) and it seems to be all right, but before i delete the vob, iso, etc. files from my pc, i want to make sure the burned backup is good - i hate to go through 10+ hours again if i find out in the future it is not a good backup. (plus i want to backup some more movies but if my burner is going bad, i want to know now, not after i create several coasters.)
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    btw: will nero cd-dvd speed (while searching the forum i came across this as software suggested for verifying a dvd burn) tell me if it is a good backup?

(also, this forum is awesome. i hardly ever post because i usually find everything i need by reading the guides and FAQs)
    Attached Files
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Please read excellent blutach's Golden Rules of Burning and how to check if your burn is a good one:

Regards

Comment

• heyjude85023
      • Dec 2005

thank you for your response, but i already read those before posting my question. they didn't answer my question.

(i am not sure what is with the formatting on my original post. all i did was key it in. i didn't add any bold or anything else.)

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

You asked 2 questions (hope that I understood you correctly):

1-
        Failed to read Sector 2118352 - Unrecovered Read Error
        Failed to Verify Sectors!
        I posted blutach's Golden Rules of Burning because your copied played well in the DVD player but DVD Decrypter found the error. That could be that you didn't use the good media or something else listed under the Golden Rules of Burning. So check to avoid those common problems in that FAQ

2- You asked:
        btw: will nero cd-dvd speed (while searching the forum i came across this as software suggested for verifying a dvd burn) tell me if it is a good backup?
        I posted blutach's guide, "How to check if your burn is a good one?"

but i already read those before posting my question. they didn't answer my question.
        I'm sorry that I haven't understood your questions completely or correctly. Please provide more information regarding this matter

Regards

Comment

• heyjude85023
          • Dec 2005

i apologize since what i was asking really wasn’t clear.

-why would i get a successful burn but then a failed verification? (i didn’t think the 2 guides applied to what i was asking because of “burn” versus “verify”.) there was information on what to look for for a bad burn, but not a failure to verify.

-did it really matter if it didn’t verify, since the burn was successful? (i think what i really wanted was for someone to tell me that it didn’t matter, since it takes so long to get to the finished product.)

but i stopped being so literal and realized that a failure to verify might as well be a bad burn, and went ahead and used cd-dvd speed. (i found out about it when i read the 2nd blutech guide, that is why i asked that question: “will nero cd-dvd speed…tell me if it is a good backup?”)

-i wondered what cd-dvd speed would tell me, that dvddecryptor hadn’t already told me.

it was a bad burn. i re-burned the iso and got the “celebration music”. in the course of all of this, i found out that even with first rate media, you can expect a few coasters.

Comment

Working...