X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moby
    • Apr 2002

Here's a new sound issue for you all!

Well here goes...
    I tried encoding Gladiator's huge 4.5 gig Vob file using all versions of Flask (0.6 + modified versions) getting it to crash at 85% or so...
    The bright idea came when i though of enconding the single .VOB files with Flask and then joining them 2gether with Virtual dub 1.49.

No problems but one: where the files join you can here a 0.5 second humm or crackle.

No audio desync occurs and no other problem, just wanted to get rid of this annoying spot.
    I usually have no probs with enconding smaller movies entirely but gladiator is HUGE!!
    I think FLASK dosen't work well with big files...same prob on bladerunner too (4.1 Gb).

Anyway is merging vob files a good idea?

Software :
    Using Flask & Mihas IDCT (btw if u know any other way to improve speed other than upgrading my pc, please let me know!),
    Virtualdub 1.49, DVDDecrypter.

Sys Specs:
    900 overclocked 1.2Ghz Cpu
    300Mb Ram and a NTFS HD

Thanks in advance, Andy
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

Why don't u use nandub or DVDx? I have had no probs:

if u want it done faster, but same quality, then use method 2

Techno

Comment

• Erci
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Nov 2001

If you have win98 that might be your problem. If I remember it correctly you can have a max file size of 4gb=( but if you use xp or 2000 it would not be a problem, but I'm not sure.

If you try any other program then flask to do the audio or skip falsk completely because it gives you a bad quality compared to i.e. GordainKnot and nandub/virtualdub. Try it out if you want. It may be a little bit harder but it's definetly worth it. If you want read my guide (link in bottom) to understand thge program better.

//Erci
      DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

oh yeh, defently worth it!

Techno

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

u may wish to use Erci's guide too.

very good

Techno

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Have you tried using the more reliable Flask 0.594? I've never really liked Flask 0.6, modified or not. You may also want to process the audio separately and interleave it with the video usin virtual/nandub. Alternatively, as Setarip would suggest, process the audio as uncompressed PCM wav and later, compress it into MP3 in Virtualdub.

By the way, that's some impressive overclocking you have done. A 33% CPU speed increase!

Comment

• conehead66
              • Apr 2002

Hey ERCI

RE:If you have win98 that might be your problem. If I remember it correctly you can have a max file size of 4gb=( but if you use xp or 2000 it would not be a problem, but I'm not sure.

If you actually read his post it clearly says he uses NTFS meaning it does not have the Fat32 file size restriction , damn it dude I thought you knew your stuff , now Im wondering about the validity of your guide !

Comment

• Erci
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Nov 2001

i didn't notice that=) you can still trust my guide... even the best can do misstakes you know... I don't know why I thought about it.

But filesize can still be a problem... I always have more than one vob file even though i use Xp.

And conehead trust me I know witch filsystems you use on different os. At least windows and linux. I don't know what they are called on mac... I only know that the os is called mac os=)

//Erci
                DVD Backup Guide

Comment

Working...