• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • videot
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2004

Question about subtitles when transcoding

I have just been using DVDShrink to rip the entire video to my harddrive using no compression. The only think that I left off were audio & video which weren't in English. I'n other works if there were more than one audio track or subtitle in English I kept them.

I then wanted to try recoding them into MPEG4 using both DIVX 'Convert' & AGK. When I open the VOB files uding DIVX all audio & video tracks are listed correctly. When I open the same set of VOB's using AGK several audio tracks are listed but it's rather difficult from the abriveiated discription to tell what each audio track is. No subtitles are listed as being found even though they were encode & into the files.

So far I have encoded the VOB's using DIVX 'convert' but nothing using AGK. The DIVX offers me the different audio tracks when I play them in my stand alone DVD NON DIVX certified player. I can get subtitles to display as well but these subtitles are useless because they are out of place my about one minute from where they should be.

Can anyone tell why these titles are in the wrong place Or why AGK didn't detect any subtitles?
    The Old Timer
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Not sure if this will help, but it sounds like you are using Stream Processing in DVDD to select the streams you want. No need to do this with AutoGK. Rip it again without Stream Processing and see if AutoGK now recognizes the subs.

Comment

Working...