Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bustaclapper
    • Apr 2006

DVD recorder to DVD video to RIPPING error

<TABLE class=tborder id=post390394 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_390394><HR style="COLOR: #d9d9dc" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi,

i have searched all around the forums before posting this, but i cannot seem to find what im looking for.

My problem is that i have a DVD recorder and have recorded a show from my television. (I used a standard DVD-R) to record. After the recording, I have attempted to RIP it.

My Computer has a Standard LG DVD burner, and my DVD recorder is also an LG.

My problem is that I cannot get it the DVD to rip onto my computer as a DIVX avi...or any other requested output file. The RIPPING PROCESS seems to stop after 1 minute of encoded ripping and outputs an AVI file that lasts only 1 minute. Im not sure why it will stop ripping after this point.

I have all updated codecs, drivers, and firmware on my PC. I am thinking it has to do with some sort of PROTECTION on the DVD disc from the DVD recorder????

If this is so... how can i bypass this so that it will FULLY RIP THE DVD.

I have tried several rippers... all giving the same result .

HELP WOULD DEFINITELY BE APPRECIATED.......THANK YOU
    <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Top

</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

<b>Do not post the same message in different forum categories or duplicate messages in the same forum.</b> It will only mean that the people who frequently visits these forums, the very people that can help you, will be annoyed by your multiple posting and will ignore you, or worse, delete your posts if they were admin/mods.

I have deleted your other thread.

<hr>

Welcome to the <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item" target="_blank">Digital Video Forums</a> bustaclapper!

Just to understand your intentions correctly, your trying to rip a DVD burnt by your DVD Recorder to a .avi file?

Comment

• bustaclapper
      • Apr 2006

sorry about that...this is the better place to post

sorry for the double post, wont happen again.... this is the right place to post my issue...

still looking for help anyone? ... Correct, im trying to rip a dvd burnt by my dvd recorder to my pc as an AVI file

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

If you want simplicity, use Magic DVD Ripper. Simplicity comes at a price though. There is a free trial though. Here is a guide I made on how to use it for that purpose: http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...vdr_page1.html

AutoGK, is simple but, has just a few more options methods you can use. It is totally free. (I use it) Here is a guide on it: http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/autogk.html

Comment

• bustaclapper
          • Apr 2006

So the problem lies with the encryption eh?

i'll give that a shot jmet thanks for the help....

so its a protection problem eh??? i never thought that DVD recorders recording shows off a television would encrypt the DVD , but perhaps it seems that way....

logically making sense... since i have already used the ripping programs like cucusoft, magic, ahead, imToo, and none have them worked...

always stopping in the middle of the ripping process.

I see that maybe DVD decrypter will do the trick with AutoGK ....which would simply re-encode an image to the DIVX format...

il try that , if you got any pointers or ideas that would also be great
          Thanks alot

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

No, I don't think its a protection problem.

What error message do you get if any and with what program?

Comment

• bustaclapper
              • Apr 2006

doesnt give me an error message... but

Thanks for some of the assistance,

My problem was that it always ripped one minute of one chapter (even though the chapter was 5:00 min long) and there were 9 chapters...

it just encoded for 1:00 min long... and after one minute of "encode time" it always stopped, using all those DVD ripping programs...

i,.e . Magic, Cucusoft, WinXmedia ripper, ImToo ripper, Dvd platinum ripper

ALL THESE PROGRAMS , did the same thing, yielding a 1:00 min AVI file rather than the 45 min video i was expecting....

I had selected ALL CHAPTERS AND CELLS within the ripping programs to rip...but once again the same issue arose

HOWEVER>>>>>>

i gave the DVD decrypter and Auto GK a shot, and at first the same thing occurred when i was decrypting. The decrypter and Auto GK yielded 1:00 min of encoding and outputted the file as the target UNDER IFO MODE...

BUT>>>>>>>>>

Under FILE MODE in DVD decrypter it seemed to work!!! im not sure why, but would not WORK UNDER IFO MODE.... im not sure about the difference of the two modes

yielding an ISO fully the amount of the video , and encoding it with AUTO GK.... gave me the XVID / DIVX file i desired

thanks for the assistance, would like to know if you got any more input thanks a lot again!!!!

Comment

Working...