Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wabbalee
    • Apr 2002

Flaskmpeg KERNELL32.DLL error when using Divx 5.xx

When I use flask 0.594 0.6 with divx 5.01 I get an error message at the end of the encoding process. I have tried it on two different machines and they both come up with the same error. Both machines have AMD processors and WME but I wonder if that has got anything to do with it at all. The message is:
    'FlasKmpeg has caused an error in Kernell32.dll, Flaskmpeg will now close. (close)' Even when I click on close the message reappears endlessly and I have to reboot to get rid of it. When I shut down the machine it won't shut down properly and when booting it comes up with scandisk because of an improper shutdown. The only good thing is that it did convert the whole movie. The previous codec (divx 4.12) never gave me that problem on either machine so i have installed that one again but I find the 5.01 version smoother than 4.12 so I would really like it to work.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Wabbalee
    Flaskmpeg KERNELL32.DLL error when using Divx 5.xx
    Last edited by wabbalee; 22 Apr 2002, 09:47 PM.
  • NOCTRAE
    • Mar 2002

I've got this error cause I had 2 versions of Flask (0.6 Preview and 0.594).
    Deleted the Preview version, and the error was gone.

Comment

• wabbalee
      • Apr 2002

thanks for replying, sorry i am a bit late but i had a couple of busy days.

but i understand from you that you don't use the preview 0.6 version and i must say with the 'thunder.mism' plugin it works very good it has some very nice features like adjusting (normalising) the sound volume, a better view of what you crop and the 'keep aspect ratio' feature works better in my opinion. so i will try it with deleting version 0.594 (wich is not really installed because you can run it directly from the folder where it is unpacked in from when it was downloaded, unlike the 0.6 version which has a setup wizard to complete)

thanks again, mate.

Comment

• NOCTRAE
        • Mar 2002

Hey
        I'm a newbie and I'm following a guide that uses version 0.594
        But when I get a little more used to all this stuff, I'll try 0.6 (and also Gordian Knot)
        Thanx for the tip.

Calvin

Comment

• wabbalee
          • Apr 2002

hi calvin

once you know how to handle 0.594 you will most definitly like the extra features in 0.6, just make sure you have that thunder mism plugin copied and unpacked into the flask directory.

ronald

Comment

Working...