Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cremator
    • Apr 2002

video/audio sync

Hey all, my first post. I've been trying some ripping lately, but have not had a good time with it.

Right now I'm using DivXMachine. It is a GUI with a bunch of nice tools in it. I just got Cowboy Bebop, and really wanted to rip it onto the pc. I encode the video at 29.97 fps, divx 5, looks great. I encode the audio as mp3, 128 kbps, sounds great. In the end, they have different play times, which confuses me. Anyway, I go into nandub and change the frame rate to match the audio, encode, and the two are not in sync. I've changed the audio to start at a different time, and it begins the movie correctly, then falls out of sync. I even tried putting the audio in a wav and then using virtualdub to combine, but got the same problem.

Please, any help would be very much appreciated. I am fairly new at this, but I've studied how it all works, so I should be able to follow along.

Thanks!
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

This guide should solve your problems. Notice that there are a couple of ways to fix this prob.

Mac

Comment

• Cremator
      • Apr 2002

Well, I'm still working on the Bebop movies, but at least I got two others fixed with your help. Thanks much!

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

Glad to help - lets us know how it comes out.

Mac

Comment

• Cremator
          • Apr 2002

Alright, new problem. In one video I got the audio/video in sync in the begining and at the end, but in the middle, the video plays before the audio. Any ideas?

Comment

• Cremator
            • Apr 2002

more sync stuff

error, sorry

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

How're things going now? Anyway, I could suggest that you perform Inverse Telecine. Most audio synch. problems that I have are easily solved with this.

Comment

• Cremator
                • Apr 2002

ok, ill try that. but would you mind explaining wht Inverse Telecine is first, please?

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

This link should tell it all:

Comment

Working...